Speaker tweaker

Hey all,

I'm about to install a OE radio kit to listen to some tunes (well attempt to listen above the din) <_<

The options for mounting front speakers seem to be..

1) Door trim panels

2) Under Dash

3) Right by your ear in the roof lining above the seat belt mounts.. :blink:

where has everyone else got theirs mounted and whats the best option ..

I have some rear trim/speakers to put in too, but these will be either side of the door beneath the rear windows. ;)

in my 110 the fronts are in the standard fit dash ends by my knees, rears are in the headliner just forward ofthe 2 small windows each sideof rear door, works OK for me.

With them being in the dash does itt cause any problems with bashing knees on ?

It looks like the simplest way to install in terms of wiring as far as I can make out.

Thanks

I have upgraded the standard ones near my knees, so that the magnet does not catch the washer motor, they are Kenwoods (140W).

I designed a rear speaker mounting to fit on either side of the rear door. This holds 2x6.5" Pioneer speakers. My head unit is a Sony that has iPod connectivity, and the sound in my truck is awesome now!

Here is a link to the thread showing the housing - clicky

Martin

Got mine in the head lining just above the seat belts, sounds OK to me, but I'm a bit deaf in my right ear anyway. :D

Thats what I was thinking, might be able to hear the music but upon reaching the destination any one talking from the right hand side might be struggled to be heard! Ah well .. Smile and nod!

especially if the speakers are 110cm ! Blimey how big is the roof on a 90 hmmm ? . . . . . . . . . . :P

I have upgraded the standard ones near my knees, so that the magnet does not catch the washer motor, they are Kenwoods (140W).

I designed a rear speaker mounting to fit on either side of the rear door. This holds 2x6.5" Pioneer speakers. My head unit is a Sony that has iPod connectivity, and the sound in my truck is awesome now!

Here is a link to the thread showing the housing - clicky

Martin

Thats a nice neat job, I need to get myself some of that headlining at somepoint! My rear speakers will be going beneath the window .. just thinking I hope those rear windows are water tight. . :huh: