Replacing heatermotor 200TDi

sealt

The heater motor died on my Disco1 200TDi 1991

Dismantled the heater motor to find out that the bearing var broken.So i ordered a new one (RTC6693) from Paddocks but it doesnt look the same and the wiring with the resistor seems to be slightly different.

The old one has a solid metal body and the resistor is fitted outside the heater unit while the new one as a loose metal cover that has a clip thingy that the resistor is fitted into for mounting onto the heater motor itself.

Am i doing something wrong with this or is it the wrong part i have got?

The heater motor died on my Disco1 200TDi 1991

Dismantled the heater motor to find out that the bearing var broken.So i ordered a new one (RTC6693) from Paddocks but it doesnt look the same and the wiring with the resistor seems to be slightly different.

The old one has a solid metal body and the resistor is fitted outside the heater unit while the new one as a loose metal cover that has a clip thingy that the resistor is fitted into for mounting onto the heater motor itself.

Am i doing something wrong with this or is it the wrong part i have got?

It is the right one , the only difference is there is an additional earth wire

The motor you bought is made from a passat bosch unit , just rewired to be useable in the disco .

Fitted mine after 3 hours of struggling with the housing

I had to modify the wiring cause they seemed to be to short for the resistor to fit were it was on the old one.And thr motor was to long so the "locing clips" didnt lock the motor in place so i added some glue to it so it would'nt move out of postion.