Strange Goings On

I have a 1990 110 county 2.5 TD,the fuel tanks been leaking for a while so this weekend i thought id strip it out and either mend it or replace it.

When id got it out i thought id check online to make sure i got the right new 1{how many can there be??} anyway mine should be the second 1 down in the picture,but its not..its a pre 1986 tank???

How did i end up with a pre 1986 tank on a 1990 vehicle????

oh and some muppet has welded the stone guard to the tank so i need a new 1 of them aswell...go figure

http://dca.dominohosting.biz/dca/mpsdb01.n...%20FUEL%20TANKS

The stone guard on my '89 110's tank was welded to the tank when the vehicle was new

and the current replacement tank-- NTC2017-- has a welded on guard. :D

from my EPC ---- NTC2017 fuel tank for 110/130 vehicles upto VIN number WA 159806. :D

that should ensure you get the correct item :D

Edited by western

• 4 years later...

Did a tank on my 110 earlier this year. The cradle is only spot welded in about three places at he front of the tank and two at the back. Drill out the spot welds and hey presto no need to buy another cradle!!!!