Alternator upgrade

wall street

Hi all

I run a 90 with a 3.9EFI engine out of a disco. I want to upgrade the alternator from the existing 85amp unit.

The land rover part number is YLE10099 it has a ribbed belt.

Would anybody know what would be a straight swap which would take me to say 100 or 130amps. Preferrably I would want new and not second hand.

I have already upgraded the wiring.

Thanks in advance

Hi all

I run a 90 with a 3.9EFI engine out of a disco. I want to upgrade the alternator from the existing 85amp unit.

The land rover part number is YLE10099 it has a ribbed belt.

Would anybody know what would be a straight swap which would take me to say 100 or 130amps. Preferrably I would want new and not second hand.

I have already upgraded the wiring.

Thanks in advance

185 amp premier power alternator

Thanks I have upgraded the wiring but not to cope with 185amps!

Is there not a rover part which was fitted to other V8's with a higher ampage and would be a straight fit?

If it has a polyvee belt, I think the aircon equipped V8 Discoverys were either 100 or 120 amps which should be a straight swap.

It is not that hard to change them around anyway, when the alternator on my old 3.9 went phut I had an a/c Discovery Tdi one fitted (also 100 amp) which only needed minor modifications to the mounting to make it fit and it was still working fine when I sold the vehicle.

There is also the issue of weight, particularly weight high up with the effect on centre of gravity resulting in lack of stability when cornering, even on flat grass.................

:hysterical:

I bought a new 120amp marreli unit at sodbury last year , the chap selling it said it was from a P38 ,just swapped the ribbed pulley for a 13 mm V pulley and ran it as a second alternator from the air con pulley on the crank .