Zu alloy rims

jcwcooper

Mach 5 are steel, the Zu's are alloy.

What do you want the wheels for? Looks or performance. (Not that I am criticising either!)

If you want a wheel for off roading then a steel rim is a better option as they will bend rather than crack like an alloy. they are alos easily repaired.

If you want a wheel for off roading then a steel rim is a better option as they will bend rather than crack like an alloy. they are alos easily repaired.

That's always been my attitude, but I have been racing on some Compomotive PD's (alloy rims) for the last couple of events and I have to say I have been very impressed with them. This year is the first time that I have finished the Scottish Hillrally with the same rims that I started with and without any bends.

I have no experience of the Zu rims and the Compomotives are designed specifically for off road competition, but compared to the eight spokes that I have been using they seem to be really tough.

H

other point with the ZU's is depending on what you drive you may only get them in 7j. think Defender Disco1 and RR are 7j and D2 P38 are 8j.

so may limit your tyre sizes.

take a look at the compomotime DWF wheels on Gwyn Lewis website http://www.gwynlewis4x4.co.uk/page38.html, very nice and at £100 including nut's a very good buy, personlay i run 15/10 modulars..

• 2 years later...

hello i just got some 16/7 inch zu aloy rims and i'm looking for the right tires on my rrc..

does anyone know what size is gonna fit to the classic?

at the moment i'm running 7.50R16 michelins on the original rrc steel rims

i'm thinking about getting the bfg all terrain in 245/75 or 235/85

with a 2 inch lift and some snipping it shouldn't be a problem

but as my range has got no rust - southern france - i'm not too keen doing any snipping

even if i do like very much the look of the rrc with decent flares..

Hey

Got some Zus on my 110, had them for about a 1 and half years, first 9 months they were occasional off road, now they are fully pretty much, they have been totally fine.

I have had allot of weight in the truck and they have been totally good. One thing I like about them is the fact that they are made so they space out a little, so its like having spacers, but without the spacers.

Also they are rated to 1.5 tonnes, sure the steel ones are just as tough.

my rating is a thumbs up as they are quite light also.

Here is a pic