Clamp Tool

SiWhite

I've got to bring this to the forum's attention.

Clamptool.com

Basically, it's a little tool that allows you to make VERY strong jubilee clip style clamps to any size, using wire. The website have apparantly used it to clamp hydraulic hoses together!

I really wanted one as soon as I saw it, but couldn't wait so made one of my own from some stainless rod, a wingnut and a roll pin.. It's fantastic. Much better than carrying tonnes of jubilee clips about - just a clamp tool and some wire.

Get / make one!

I've got to bring this to the forum's attention.

Clamptool.com

Basically, it's a little tool that allows you to make VERY strong jubilee clip style clamps to any size, using wire. The website have apparantly used it to clamp hydraulic hoses together!

I really wanted one as soon as I saw it, but couldn't wait so made one of my own from some stainless rod, a wingnut and a roll pin.. It's fantastic. Much better than carrying tonnes of jubilee clips about - just a clamp tool and some wire.

Get / make one!

The Southern Africans have used this idea for years. All they use is a screwdriver or a pair of pliers.

mike

I've had a couple of these for years (one for each vehicle). I've only needed it a few times, but it really is as good as they claim, though can be a bit fiddly to use. I don't think you can do what it does with a screwdriver or a pair of pliers, as you can wind in a lot of wire tension without repeatedly twisting the wire, which weakens it.

Edit : I didn't get any response from that website when I bought mine... I got them from www.akcooltools.com