oil leak and few other things

big john

I have some problems with my Discovery 1995 2.5 300 TDI I took it to a garage and they said it has play in front wheel bearings drivers side and also a leak on front ball hub which is now leaking on brake disc also an oil leak from rear of engine which is putting oil on handbrake drum I was wondering if its worth doing these jobs the disco has done 112,000 miles FSh up to 85,000 it uses hardly any engine oil and has had the gearbox oil checked I would have to have the work done at a garage is it worth keeping or get another one Any help would be great I live in suffolk near Ipswich John clarke

Must be a bloody big oil leak from the back of the engine if it is getting on the handbrake :o

I think they meant to say the back of the transfer box :)

None of the jobs are particularly big or expensive (assuming it is the t/box seal and not the seal on the rear of the engine) so I suppose it depends what it is worth to you but I would have thought it was well worth getting those items fixed.

Must be a bloody big oil leak from the back of the engine if it is getting on the handbrake :o

I think they meant to say the back of the transfer box :)

None of the jobs are particularly big or expensive (assuming it is the t/box seal and not the seal on the rear of the engine) so I suppose it depends what it is worth to you but I would have thought it was well worth getting those items fixed.

Thanks for your reply I have had a look underneath and it is more at the rear after a trip it leaves a few drops on the road

otherwise it runs very well and it had no welding done for last MoT.perhaps I had better get the jobs done.John