Website logging me off all the time

sotal

Is it just me or is the website logging everyone off?

It's doing it on all three machines that I use, basically when I come to the site I have to log in, once I navigate away it logs me out and when I revisit I have to log on again. Only done it for the last 2 or 3 days. I used to stay logged in all the time?

Using Firefox 3 if it makes any difference

Might not only be a Firefox issue. I have had this trouble lately too with IE. If I log in with the box & password at the top of the home page, it tends to happen, but if I press the "log in" button, and access the username & password from there, it tends to keep me logged in, but not always.

Aint technology great.

Martin

I have been running Firefox 3 for a few weeks now and had no problems with this on 3 different computers. I would think its a cookie thang, as if you clear cookies you effectively get logged off, maybe your FF is set to delete cookies etc on exit?

Are you logging in with "remember me" enabled?

I log on with 'remember me' enabled but have been getting logged off after each session the last couple of days. Multiple PC's, multiple browsers (different version of FF and IE), nothing has been altered on any of the PC's and all others sites remain logged in as normal.

Guest WALFY

Still good here. Running FF, not sure which edition. I can happily move to other websites and log in automaticaly there and return here and still log in without signing in.

I log on with 'remember me' enabled but have been getting logged off after each session the last couple of days. Multiple PC's, multiple browsers (different version of FF and IE), nothing has been altered on any of the PC's and all others sites remain logged in as normal.

Ditto

OK chaps, I suspect I've caused this one :blush:

We recently made a dns change to avoid the 123-reg web rewrite and instead pointed www directly at the site. So, if you've go to www.lr4x4.com you will arrive at the site but your forums cookies will not be valid so you appear to need to log in again. If instead you don't login but click on pretty much any of the links you will move to a forums url and your old cookies will be valid.

Give me a mo' and I'll put the dns back but it may take a few days to trickle through.

So what you are saying Trev is that if somebody makes their bookmark http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php? rather than www.lr4x4.com then it should be OK? This is what I use and having no problems anyway

Blame it on Les pressing all those admin control panel buttons again :rtfm::lol:

Hmm edited to add I just closed the browser, opened it again and went to www.lr4x4.com and it still works ok for me :unsure:

Edited by BogMonster

So what you are saying Trev is that if somebody makes their bookmark http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php? rather than www.lr4x4.com then it should be OK? This is what I use and having no problems anyway

Blame it on Les pressing all those admin control panel buttons again :rtfm::lol:

Hmm edited to add I just closed the browser, opened it again and went to www.lr4x4.com and it still works ok for me :unsure:

Just tried this and using the above I stay logged on.

We recently made a dns change to avoid the 123-reg web rewrite and instead pointed www directly at the site. So, if you've go to www.lr4x4.com you will arrive at the site but your forums cookies will not be valid so you appear to need to log in again. If instead you don't login but click on pretty much any of the links you will move to a forums url and your old cookies will be valid.

Seems to fit with what I'm getting.