gessuz aich chrysed

kingdong

Hi all

why does the crank damper on a disco 200 tdi engine have to be tightened to 250 LBS i have just done the timing belt on the disco engine ready for the conversion

made and fitted a bar as per haynes book set the torque wrench to 250 LBS as per haynes book and when you go to tighten it up the bar lifts the engine off the ground

the engine is also strapped down to a makeshift engine stand the threads of the damper are covered in thread lock too.

cheers graham.

s11a swb bronze green.

going to redo it when the engine is in ( hope i don't turn the landy over on its side in the garage )

cheers graham.

s2a swb bronze green.

Graham,

I had to change the belt on mine in the vehicle as well. That bolt is mighty tight! I used a big cheater bar on the end of the breaker bar.

Graham,

I had to change the belt on mine in the vehicle as well. That bolt is mighty tight! I used a big cheater bar on the end of the breaker bar.

yer the damper was easy to undo just used a breaker bar but to torque it up to 250 lbs with a long torqe wrench and bar to stop the pulley from turning the engine just tries to lift up

so i decided to do it with the engine in and get someone to put there foot on the brakes while i try and tighten it up.

cheers graham.

s11a swb bronze green.