O.T. landrover parts dealer in France/ Pyrenees

freeagent

We're off to the Pyrenees on Saturday, via Bordeaux....

Does anyone have any contact details for parts places or dealers either on the way down to Bordeaux, or in the Pyrenees? (we are staying about 1 hour South of Pau)

We are taking 4 Landrovers, the newest of which is my 12-year old Disco, so we are almost certain to need something....

many thanks in Advance...

No problem mate.

I'm the same, if my girlfriend isn't there to translate for me, I can only go as far as filling up, ordering from Macdonalds & ordering a large coffee. For some reason, I can get by OK in Spain & Italy even though I cant speak the languages.....but when in France, I end up sounding like Del Boy!

"Bonjour! Oui. Un petit Ecouter por favor."

I believe that translates as "Hello! Yes. One small Hamster please."

Hi

I have the haynes French-English technical dictionary which is very useful when you have broken down in France (ask me how I know <_< ) I have scanned it for you/tech archive but its an 18Mb PDF, too big for my email account, If someone tells me the idiot guide of how to upload it I'll sort it out ASAP!

Mike

Hi Martin

OK seems to have worked! you can download it from http://www.yousendit.com/download/Q01IZGVVQXBRYTgwTVE9PQ

It will be available for 7 days apparently so if somebody could work out how to put it in the tech archive everyone can have it!

After that people will have to email me their email address so I can resend it....

Mike

Guest WALFY

When I was there a while ago we had trouble with a truck in the convoy. I called LR assistance, explained that I wanted a dealer local to where I was and they gave me the name,address and phone number over the phone. They didn't ask what veh it was for or who I was. So if I was you I'd do the same.

The dealership in Limoges is excellent. Workshop manager speaks good English and you get a nice cup of coffee as soon as you walk in :rolleyes: . And the workshop prices were reasonable, a lot cheaper than UK. Just remember they have a long lunch break :(

Hi,

These guys - Landypoint (+33) 05 45 62 27 20 Fax 05 45 23 66 96 - are not too far from Bordeaux, totally know thier stuff and Annette (who's Dutch) speaks excellent English. If you do get in poo, they'd be a great way of bridging any potential language barriers...

What could posibly make you think you'll need help????

Gilles

Merde! Just seen that's I'm a life-long lurker who's never dared post here before - I'll go and say 'Hi' upstairs now.

What could posibly make you think you'll need help????

Because we are taking 4 old Landrovers on a 1700 mile round trip with a weeks worth of off-roading in the middle.. one of us is bound to need something.... :rolleyes:

and i'd rather have a list of recommendations before we go....

Did 3,000 miles round france last year in the Bishtail. At one point I had a bit of a CV problem and popped into the local LR dealer - €600 odd they quoted me!!

I just tightened the wheel bearing a bit a prayed for 1500 miles!! :lol::lol::lol: