Howlin' Wolf Challenge Round Five

najw

I think mr turner might need to bash his anchor with a particularly large hammer. I did see him doing all manner of unspeakable things to it in some rocks!

got there and my camera was broken. saw quite a few cars i recognised, all seemed to be enjoying themselves and doing well

We had a good day. Nick & James did pretty well! Had to happen sooner or later ;)

It was my first visit to kirton. Good site - just wish i'd been driving, not on foot. The site is huge - and my feet know all about it!

Graham and I have loads of photos and video which we'll post soon. We are about half way home now - I'm sat in the back of Grahams Disco with my Toughbook!

Si

Just washed it down to find I have ripped half the A frame beackets off, I thought there were some strange noises going on. Well done to Chris and Si again, Godd effort Rob, maybe you will be the one to knpock tem off their perch

just to let you know im coming to get you you know who you are ,leave my chris alone or he wont have man babies with me :ph34r:

Seems like you will need to join the Que, After another top performance now even more people want to be like chris, Well done lads,

Carl.

I bet I've spent more time in water today than the average duck, problem is I'm not so well equipped,

Filled me sump full of water via the dipstick tube ( I think) so lost oil pressure and called it a day,

Had a brilliant day and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and had a great laugh,

Thanks to all concerned again, congratulations to Chris and Simon again

Is it me or were they hard punches?

Boothy, ready for the next round :D

Well all i will say is if you like lot's and lot's of deep water then that's the site for you.............. but for me i can't see the fun in putting out (so many) punch's in deep water. Setting up team remember ''it's not your motor your going to putting in there'' there were so many hill's and bank's that were not used.

Did we have a good time ''yes'' were we any good on the day ''no'' best bit for me was going back to the van to get a replacment Tre and finding Mr Able there :lol: did put a smile on my face :P;)

Twiggy, as for the section's getting harder...... i think you may be right, ''me'' i'd rather do 2 very hard (dry'sh) technical section's in a day over 20 in 4-5' foot of water....... but that's just me! :lol:

Be good to see some pic's............... anybody.

Point taken about water. Don't blame Neil entirely for this one though as my-self and the Badger's did the initial recce of Kirton 3 weeks back, and most of the site was like a desert. Kirton has a lot of water and its a shame not to use it. We did try and find places to put punches that hadn't been used before, but without using lots of rope it wasn't easy to put out punches which would have the right balence of difficulty. We were trying to make it more difficult for a certain Mr Able while still giving everyone else something to go for, but it looks like he can walk on water.

That said I take on board Mr Turners comments, and promise to rise to the challenge next year and to try to put out 40 punches without using the water, if possible.

Finaly can I just say that a lot of the teams this weekend made the punches look so easy that we thought we'd gone soft on you. Glad that in the main you all enjoyed it and that you dry out for the next round.