have a 200tdi should i swap for a td5??

Stroppy Cow

Guest diesel_jim

Both totally different vehicles.

the Td5 is on another planet compared to a 200Tdi, yet a plain defender is also totally different to a camel!

depends on what you want really.

what do you do with the camel? off roading? safari stuff?

in an ideal world.... graft the camel body onto the Td5 chassis! :lol:

Both totally different vehicles.

the Td5 is on another planet compared to a 200Tdi, yet a plain defender is also totally different to a camel!

depends on what you want really.

what do you do with the camel? off roading? safari stuff?

in an ideal world.... graft the camel body onto the Td5 chassis! :lol:

I do spend time in the alps most summers and do intend to go further....but i would just love some more power and something that goes up hills without changing down to much...and a bit more everyday user.......ive been told the td5 isnt so scarey anymore...

Guest diesel_jim
I've been told the td5 isnt so scarey anymore...

I'm building myself a Td5 110 at the moment.... it's quite a simple engine really, certainly no more complex than an EFI V8. get yourself a nanocom and a spare crank position sensor and you'll be fine.

should i swap my camel 110 200tdi for a td5????110 .....i just cant make up my mind....help :unsure:

Keep the Camel... ;)

Stick a bigger intercooler in and up the fuelling a tad. See if that makes it any better for you.

Unfortunately Camels are heavy beasts especially with all the paraphernalia bolted on, and things like roof racks with tents on top don't really help the aerodynamic-ness of a 110!! :blink::lol:

Dan :)

I'm building myself a Td5 110 at the moment.... it's quite a simple engine really, certainly no more complex than an EFI V8. get yourself a nanocom and a spare crank position sensor and you'll be fine.

Agree with ^^^. My vote goes to the TD5. I owned 2 so far, nothing scarey except for the service from dealers.

Tell u wat to do! get the camel weighed, then Test drive a td5 loaded up to the same weight' dont test the td5 EMPTY!! you'll mess yourself! If you dont want all the kit (need all the kit) then the td5 will be lighter any way. Alternatively slip in a 2.8 tgv, THAT'LL GET IT HUSTLIN' Thing is Camels just LOOK right, especially when mucky.

I'll agree with Stumpy and Dan :)

A basic 110 TD5 will soon win you over unloaded, but load it up like your Camel is and it'll not be so swift.

A TD5 will always just be a TD5 where as the Camel will always command a premium when/if you come to sell it.

Keep the Camel, ditch the weight, get it 'Allisported' or plonk a 2.8TGV in....or if you don't do millions of miles theres always the flog the TDi and get a 3.9V8 LPG'd ;)

Will :)

And be prepared for pretty horrible fuel consumption with the TD5 if it is loaded and you use all the power. With diesel being more expensive than petrol nowadays the cost is up there with the V8 EFI.

If you can get a test drive of a 2.8tgv you will be sold! It just has stump-pulling torque from idle, no turbo latency at all and you don't have to watch your revs all time like with a TD5. Just put your foot down! But not cheap :(