SVA for ROW spec?

orange rover

Guest diesel_jim

I'd have thought so... i can't imagine tha the Td5 engine is any different to euro spec.

with a nanocom you can upload a "euro" fuel file (nanocom comes with lots of them...euro, RoW, Japan etc), so if ther emmisions test was strict, there'd be no reason why it should fail with the correct map on it.

lights etc should be the same.

You won't get a factory '08 300Tdi as they stopped building them in '06 :) any that are still around should be 2006 model year but yes there are some still unsold. Usually any colour as long as its white, and with aircon fitted.

I would be interested to know how they get around the emission regulations for the UK market though...

ps. I weas really tempted, especially as they are rhd, but the thought of £400 dvla, and getting a vehicle that would cost as much as a 2.4 tdci, hmm. I mean , 3 new land rovers all new, all the same price. wat would you have? 300tdi / td5 / 2.4tdci ? I think if the 300 had been around 13k I might have murdered Mr. P. Bank.

Yeah but if not registered in 06, but hung around in a cow shed, and regitered in 08, it will be an 08 300tdi ;)

I thought the year of registration in the UK had to reflect the year of manufacture these days? :unsure:

Anybody selling them for the same price as a Puma is in the UK, is having a laugh, I know what they cost to buy! They are a lot cheaper than a Puma here... (still a few 300s available any colour as long as it is white, apply within!)

You won't get a factory '08 300Tdi as they stopped building them in '06 :) any that are still around should be 2006 model year but yes there are some still unsold. Usually any colour as long as its white, and with aircon fitted.

I would be interested to know how they get around the emission regulations for the UK market though...

Foleys import LHD brand new 300tdi defenders from South Africa. They had one parked on the CRAG stand for part of the day at Billing as they did not want anyone to nick it as it was on trade plates and not regestered in the UK as yet.

Paul