Coilover charging and springs...

chrism

Hi guys

I need to charge my shocks up and my gas supplier has some little nitrogen bottles, but im not sure on the kit i need to get it from the bottle to the shock! The coilover appears to have a tyre valve for filling on the top (they are not remote reservoir). Any ideas?

Correct me if im wrong but its 200bar they need to go to?

Where is a good place to get springs made for them? Im in the north shropshire area but anywhere good is worth a try

Cheers

Chris

There'll be plenty of people who should be able to charge the shocks although I don't know of any in Shropshire - basically anyone who deals with comp safari cars would be a good place to start. Not terribly helpful I know.

As for springs what about off the shelf? Eibach (the best IMHO) do a huge range of rates and lengths for very reasonable prices - pretty much anything is possible even with 2.5" body shocks. What are you after? The thing about custom springs is they will be very expensive in small numbers (ask SimonR) and quality may be an unknown.

Hi guys

Correct me if im wrong but its 200bar they need to go to?

Not 100% certain but i think it's 200 psi, i'd double check. if it is psi and not bar you are likely to blow them to bits.

just a thought

Adrian

Cheers guys, i will probably find my corner weights then find some eibachs to suit, i shold imagine it will end up easiest and cheapest.

Does anybody know what valves/fittings i would need to get nitrogen from the bottle to the shock?

I did mean psi not bar, dont think they would take 200bar!

Just out of interest how much does it affect them if you use normal air in them?

any welding gas (argon, argoshield) also works - dry gas is the key, so dont be pumping air into them!!

high pressure regulator into a manifold with a tap, shrader valve (after the tap) and then a no loss chuck which fits the shock gets it done (No Loss Chuck Linky)

you end up with something like a Pro Gas kit (Pro Gas Link) but for less pennies :)

Could be sort of in luck here as i have a diving bottle which has a regulator and gubbins on top, will take a pic of it later, may do the job if it will fit a nitrogen bottle.

I would need to adapt the quick fit air line type connector to suit my coilovers. Are the coilover fittings the same as tyre valves?