Injector electric plug type

steve_d

Am going to make up the loom for my megasquirt 3.5 V8 and am going to treat it to some new injector connectors which seems only fair after 20 years service.

I'm seeing 'Junior Timer Connectors' and 'Junior Power Timer Connectors' which both look about right.

Are either of these right and if they will both do then which if preferable?

Many thanks

Steve

Steve, yes both are right, one type is for the injectors (including cold start) and IIRC the other is for the CTS, Thermotime and extra air valve switches. Shame of it is I cannot remember which ones for which. If you look for pictures on VWP site (or catalogue) you can see the slight difference in the plastic housing and clip and thus match to your loom.

If you haven't discovered already, your existing loom is likely to be extremely brittle/non-existent around the current connectors, so work is likely to involve splicing in some new wire before you can fit the new connectors.

EDIT - Just found my VWP order and I got 10 Junior Power Timer and 3 Junior Timer if that helps.

VWP could not tell me which was which but Polevolt told me they will both work but that the Junior Power were better sealing.

Will order some and see. Polevolt also do them in various colours so I can see some bling yellow ones on the horizon.

I plan to replace the connectors and loom for the very reason you say. The wires are brittle and some of the connector clips are broken or missing.

Steve

VWP could not tell me which was which but Polevolt told me they will both work but that the Junior Power were better sealing.

Will order some and see. Polevolt also do them in various colours so I can see some bling yellow ones on the horizon.

Steve

I could have sworn they were different. Certainly the clip (bent wire) mechanism is. If your old loom is out, maybe worth checking.