Portalrover Ltd.

hbpfly

• 2 weeks later...
Cheers Bill. I am working on a couple of options at the moment that will take a few months to develop. I realise that there is a need for an easier solution to the portal question other than fitting mog axles. There is a a conversion for LR axles to strengthen the tubes that is about to be launched - it was done for the military so they can drive them out of the back of aeroplanes from 20,000' and hit the ground running ! No, seriously, there is a strengthenned axle on its way, and that will allow us to develop portal ends to their full potential.

As you point out, many folk have spent hard earned money on diffs etc, so we need somthing that can enhance what they have, and not cost a fortune - or weigh 2 tonne !

I will put stuff in the forum and on my own web site as it happens. I don't want to give away too many secrets at the moment in case someone builds a new shed and starts making them out of old muck spreader gearboxes !!

Cheers, Hughie.

Hughie Hi from Greece,

still waiting for your news on one of the other projects.

The steering kit has not yet been fitted but my friend and client who has ordered it is EXTREMELY IMPRESSED with the workmanship and the material/size of things.

Keep in touch. It is good to know of people how go into lengths of creating new stuff that works and know how to support it and behave to their business partners.

Take care

Pantelis Giamarellos

LAND ROVER CLUB OF GREECE

Hughie Hi from Greece,

still waiting for your news on one of the other projects.

The steering kit has not yet been fitted but my friend and client who has ordered it is EXTREMELY IMPRESSED with the workmanship and the material/size of things.

Keep in touch. It is good to know of people how go into lengths of creating new stuff that works and know how to support it and behave to their business partners.

Take care

Pantelis Giamarellos

LAND ROVER CLUB OF GREECE

Hi Pantelis. Thank you for the comments. The other project is taking a loooooong time to sort out I know, but we are still working on it ! I will keep you posted. Cheers, Hughie

wasnt this thread about portals once?

That's how it started out, but you know how it is - people get side tracked, and some times interesting facts emerge. Portalrover is working on a new axle project with a world renown company to get everyone on portals at a sensible price - without having to haul 3/4 of a ton on drive train around underneath themselves !