CSW diff spline count ?

Guest diesel_jim
CSW stands for County Station Wagon. Spline count all depends on the vehicle, whether it's a 90 or a 110. A 1987 90 should have 10 spline axles. A 110 has 24.

Unless it's a V8 90, then it'll have a 24spline 4 pinion HD diff (or likewise, unless said vehicle was ordered with a HD rear axle, which will be the same 24 spline)

Still don't know but I think it will matter not as I was going to try and purchase the front axle cheap and put my new 10 spline diff in together with swivel bearings etc to create a recon axle for my V8 110 and just swap it over. B)

I suppose I could use my own half shafts if there was a problem .... but I'll bid 40 quid on it and take a chance.

Any serious problems with that then please post ....it's got 1 day to go I think. :)

Guest diesel_jim

Ahhh.... now you say it's the front axle, we know a little more.

up until the 300Tdi axles (identifiable by having the thinner drive flanges) they were 10 spline.

you can swap early and later CV's & shafts around though, do a search on here for the modifications needed.

Ahhh.... now you say it's the front axle, we know a little more.

up until the 300Tdi axles (identifiable by having the thinner drive flanges) they were 10 spline.

you can swap early and later CV's & shafts around though, do a search on here for the modifications needed.

That's good news then (like to keep you guessing...sorry) I'll get a bid on it and then I can refurb, paint and stick it on, then weigh the old one in :lol:

Guest diesel_jim
That's good news then (like to keep you guessing...sorry) I'll get a bid on it and then I can refurb, paint and stick it on, then weigh the old one in :lol:

I'd strip the old one down and keep some of the bits for spares.... CV joints/shafts and a swivel joint could be useful.

you can flog the casing, they're sometimes worth £20 or £30.

hubs are useful if you're contemplating a disc conversion onto a drum braked salisbury.

Spare diff could be useful also.

I'd strip the old one down and keep some of the bits for spares.... CV joints/shafts and a swivel joint could be useful.

you can flog the casing, they're sometimes worth £20 or £30.

hubs are useful if you're contemplating a disc conversion onto a drum braked salisbury.

Spare diff could be useful also.

What do ya recon the axle is worth, it's a 1987 defender front on 120,000 miles complete with brakes, calipers etc..

I was thinking 50 quid as it will cost 18 quid to go and get it, but maybe that is low :huh: .....or high :unsure: .

bidding fiishes at 20.00 hrs so have to make mind up soon :D

Guest diesel_jim

Yeah, between £50 and £100 depending on condition (like if it's got decent brake discs/calipers on it, or if it's a horrible rusty mess)

Yeah, between £50 and £100 depending on condition (like if it's got decent brake discs/calipers on it, or if it's a horrible rusty mess)

Doesn't look too rusty in fact it looks quite tidy and everything there but no matter now it's too late as I've bought it. A bit more than I wanted to pay but hey not a bad buy at ten pounds fifty pence :D

Thanks for the advice everyone

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...=tab%3DWatching