Revolvers

Tonk

Couldn't find any 4x2 :rolleyes: but I did find a tape measure and my camera, so hopefully this will be of use:

revolver_1.jpg

revolver_2.jpg

revolver_3.jpg

Closed they are 120mm between bolt centres (so the equivalent of 120mm worth of shackle)

Open they are, as you can see, twice as long at 240mm maybe a smidge more.

Looks like (if you can see in the pic) the cross-bolt that joins the two halves together is indeed bushed. The revolving part doesn't have a bush that I could see (unless it's internal) but it does have a grease nipple.

Unfortunately I didn't take a photo of the health & safety warning sticker that's attached to the other side of the shackle :rolleyes: aparrently tw**ing about with the suspension can affect handling :o

And yes, I know there's threaded bar in the shot - it's only a temporary measure... :unsure:

Nothing really interesting, at the moment there are two axles and a pile of metal :lol: hopefully things will move on a bit this weekend.

The engine is living in the boot of the car to keep it out of harm's way :blink: 'cos there's nowhere to put it in the workshop!

Head Torches are handy things, means they keep your hands free, one of the reasons I have managed to get as far as nearly MoT-ing it in 14 months since only time I seem to have at the moment is darkness (brake issues at present being the only show stopper, think the shuttle valve has "shuttled" again <grrrrr>) :)

Think it could go that way, a three way block and a two way block mounted on a new mounting plate would solve it, would have to find another switch to fill the hole in the middle dash panel though (hmmmm....... what else could I fit he he he :D )

Think it could go that way, a three way block and a two way block mounted on a new mounting plate would solve it, would have to find another switch to fill the hole in the middle dash panel though (hmmmm....... what else could I fit he he he :D )

Rob, ditch the shuttle valve, T piece the fronts and just run the rear pipe from the master straight to the rear flexi pipe

John,

cheers for the pics, gives me some ideas to add to my own ;)

John,

when the suspension is on full droop, wots to stop the shackle (when the suspension compresses again) from flipping the wrong way?

i can see the stop for when its at rest but nothing for as a stop when on full droop

I notice those revolvers cannot be locked/pinned in the closed position, unlike some of the other brands. People over here (in OZ) have found revolvers VERY scary when going down steep hills - since the revolver wants to unload/open at the rear - putting the vehicle on an even worse angle. Hence the reason most of the ones sold here are able to be locked in place for whe you go down steep hills of across side slopes.

Now from what I have seen in the UK you guys generall don't drive hills that are as steep (because the ground conditions don't allow it), but it is something to think about. Also, on a SWB the effect might not be as drastic as on a LWB - but it is still something to think about.