conversion

kellyv8

• 2 weeks later...
has anyone put a mazda sl35t in a range rover classic :ph34r:

I know two people with SL35t lumps, one in a 130 and one in a RRC. Both think they are fantastic engines with bundles of torque.

Motor and Diesel at Cambridge used to sell conversions for this combination. Don't know if they are the helpful sort?....

Motor and Diesel at Cambridge used to sell conversions for this combination. Don't know if they are the helpful sort?....

I think they are, as one of our members has one in his 90 c/w 4 speed auto. he had a couple of questions and fairly certain they were helpful enough.

• 3 weeks later...

HI kellyv8,

Interested in your project, presently converting a 1994 RR classic, changing the 3.9 petrol for a Mazda 3.5slt. Need some advice, do I need to change petrol tank? Or will it do to change the pump and sender unit in the tank? Thanks in anticipation. Jack at Avonmore.

• 1 month later...
I've done it :lol: What niggly bits - straightforward enough a lot of time went into moving some of the bits on the wings and making brackets. :rolleyes:

Hello,

I've got myself a 1988 range rover classic with a SL35T Mazda conversion from Motor & Diesel when it was in Cambridge. I rang them for a replacement radiator tank only to find that the large cylindrical tank was obsolete and that the small metal brass based tank was not big enough. They've sent me a recommended tank from I believe a 1994 model which is a large plastic tank, however they said that they didn't have a conversion kit so they sent me a large metal bracket. Problem is that I was told the tank neck needs to be higher than the engine block, I just wondered if any of you guys have done this conversion and whether you might be able to show a picture of how it is mounted.

Any help and advice is much appreciated.

Thanks