kingdongs disco 200 tdi conversion.

kingdong

i wouldnt worry too much about it - same with the glow plug wiring,

only ever give my 300tdi a hint of glowplugs on the very coldest of cold days. Always rattles into life within 1 or 2 seconds of spinning the starter - even after being left all week outside on frosty winter days.

As for the fan, my viscous fan bearing started to die - so i removed the fan to ease the strain on the bearing till i could get a replacement (stupid serpentine system on a 300tdi). Ran it without any fan for several months over summer - including towing a caravan about on the motorway and doing rtvs and playdays and hte daily grind to work and back in traffic..... temp gauge never went over 2/3rds. With the fan fitted it sits just over half way. So basically didnt do any harm at all.

Especially now you have a fancy shiny new rad - instead of my 13 year old muddy thing - you should be fine without any fan at all under virtually all circumstances.

Hi everyone.

my intercooler pipes i orderd last weekend came yesterday and managed to rute and fit the bottom intercooler pipe tonight using a piece of transit exhaust to make an elbow to join in between two rubber elbows ( i orderd extra elbows ) then i had a phone call from my girlfriend to say some more stuff had come so i went to collect it which was the series diesel air hose i am hopeing to fit between the air filter and the turbo so will fit the air hose and top intercooler hose this weekend.

graham.

Hi guys

the disco bottom hose came today and after work i moded it and fitted it filled the cooling system up with antifreeze and water and went for a spinn round the block a couple of times it was brill it is now in the garage over night so tomorrow after work i can check for leaks and check the coolent level and make sure everything is ok under the bonnet well chuffed.

graham.