90 Rear Propshaft

Just discovered that one of the yokes on my rear prop has a chunk missing out of it so I need to replace it.

Looking on Paddocks site there are numerous props listed. How do they differ? I would have thought that the LT230 stays in the same place relative to the rear axle irrespective of gearbox or engine combo?

The vehicle was originally a 1989 2.5TD with LT77 and LT230. Now it is 200TDi and ZF auto B) . However, the t-box has not moved position.

So, before I go place a wanted add, which prop do I need?

Cheers!

Bish

I think all rear props are the same give or take. I know the size of the UJ is different but the prop length is the same. Mine was a 2 1/2 petrol/ 3.5V8 /3.9 V8 and now 200TDI. Always used the same prop. I have several props in the garage, my original and a couple of spares that I have found at work. So on that assumption all rear props are the same size

Bish - they are pretty much the same but go for a wide angle one if i were you, Propshaft Clinic or Devon do them, or make your own by fitting early rangie flanges to a std prop body.

Is it the prop body thats damaged or the flange that goes on the axle/tbox? if the latter i have spare ones.

James

Just discovered that one of the yokes on my rear prop has a chunk missing out of it so I need to replace it.

Looking on Paddocks site there are numerous props listed. How do they differ? I would have thought that the LT230 stays in the same place relative to the rear axle irrespective of gearbox or engine combo?

The vehicle was originally a 1989 2.5TD with LT77 and LT230. Now it is 200TDi and ZF auto B) . However, the t-box has not moved position.

So, before I go place a wanted add, which prop do I need?

Cheers!

I had a collapsed bearing in my rear and had a bit of a mare as it tuned out someone had fitted a front prop fitted at the back!!!

Anyway I have a 90 with a 200tdi fitted and fitted a FRC8392 propshaft (a drum brake prop although not sure there is any difference between that and the disc'd axel?)

A Prop tool makes life easier when attacking the bolts if you haven't already got one.

OK,

Been looking at new prices - Britpart :ph34r: around £60, GKN / Hardy Spicer around £100 and wide angle custom jobbies £160.

Is a wide angle really necessary? I'll be running 11" travel shocks, so nothing mind blowing. £160 is a lot of money for an oily bit that adds no bling! :lol:

So, Mark, you listening? Wanna rehome one of your spares? :P:P

Bish

I have a few kicking around the garage from my 90 days. Some rear, some front in a variety of states of wear and tear. They are yours if you want them, I will be passing your place of work on Friday lunchtime.

Chris