D3 - mpgs

JST

Just had one for a week and mpg was not good in my opinion, OK it had a rack and snorkel but at constant 70mph for 2hrs it only managed 21mpg

whats a decent working figure for these - normal load, mixed driving or motorway at 70mph? i would have thought 27-30 with predictive use of Command Shift would have been achievable

When I had mine I would get approx 25mpg with normal mixed driving and about 28 on a run. Treat it gently on a run and you can get 30.

From what I have heard the rack can hit the mpg quite hard.

Ps get it tuned, it is like a different car. Or so I have heard ;)

When I had mine I would get approx 25mpg with normal mixed driving and about 28 on a run. Treat it gently on a run and you can get 30.

From what I have heard the rack can hit the mpg quite hard.

Ps get it tuned, it is like a different car. Or so I have heard ;)

I had a standard one the other week to pick up a trailer, on a run from Bristol to Wakefield managed 30 mpg driving at around the motorway speedlimit +/- 10% it soon dropped to 29 when I was in a rush the next day, on towing the trailer back to Bristol it had dropped to 27, which is still not to bad.

TDV6 HSE Auto, Roof rack,Roof tent,Snorkel,MTR Tyres, always has most of my kit in the back. 25mpg is an average. 30-35 if you drive like Miss Daisy. 15-18 with my challenge car on the trailer at about 3.5 ton dependent on road type.I will be honest and say it is driven for what it is and so could do better but the biggest improvement in the auto is to put it in comand shift on the motorway/fast roads and knock it into 6th and that puts another 5mpg on all figures but the down side is you cannot use cruise control in comand shift so i dont bother as im lazy. :huh: