winch bumper pics needed

gelf

if you have a winch bumper on your classic then could yoou post a pic......... really struggling to find one i like, needs to be tight fitting.

the one i really like is sold by a certain company we dont mention...lol.

im on a budget of 300 so it cant be a devon or southdown.

Well the only close fitting one I could find was a Southdown one, and like you I couldn't really push for a new one, so ended up with Bish's cast-off :P

P1010311.JPG

You might struggle with the AC fans on the Rangie, if you are seriously looking at the ScarpirNo one...

That was another option TBH... but again like you I wasn't so keen on the holes all over the front of it.

Another option was this, think he goes by the name of 'Carl Hurst' on this forum, you might want to PM him or trawl ebay as I know he sold through there for quite a while.

Call Dave at Southdown. 300 folding ones ;) should go a long way I would have thought. Certainly nothing nicer than one of his bumpers IMHO.

It certainly looks the part on mine.... and yes I have tested against a tree or two already, not to mention the abuse Bish has put it through.

if you have a winch bumper on your classic then could yoou post a pic......... really struggling to find one i like, needs to be tight fitting.

Have you thought of a 2nd hand s1 disco winch bumper, i

I've bolted one straight on to mine and it pretty tight with the winch almost right under the grill.

first picture really tight, second after body lift plus bullbars moved forward 2"....

Les

post-6628-1218487877_thumb.jpg

post-6628-1218488064_thumb.jpg

I've just bought a tapered competion one off Guardian Offroad Products - check out their website. I am very pleased with it, good workmanship and nicely coated and much less than 300 quid. My bumper has a 12000lb ewi T-Max winch fitted. I'll upload the pics off the website as I don't have any taken of mine yet

cheers

Baden

post-5388-1218533315_thumb.jpg

post-5388-1218533380_thumb.jpg

had a goldigger on my disco and very good it was ....... they do a range version but dosnt wrap around the front.

I've got a goldigger bumper on my Discovery - didn't know they did a Range Rover one too. I'm not sure if the Discovery one would fit on a Range Rover - or at least, I'm not sure how good it would look, I'm sure you could make it fit) - if the shape of the fronts are different then it would be obvious with a close fitting bumper like this:

Off the truck

and on it

It's a really good bit of kit - functionally* and aesthetically.

* - caveat: I've never had a winch fitted to mine, so can't comment on it's ability to take the stresses from that.

needs to be tight fitting.

The guardian bumper is about the only off the shelf bumper for a RRC which actually gets the winch behind the grill. I only had to cut the grill to get to the freespool on my DIY winch mount, but then I did also cut a bit out of the body in order to fit it. There is still space to move the winch further back by about an inch if needed.

IMG_1196.jpg

IMG_1205.jpg

Not the strongest of bumpers, but then it is just a winch mount behind the origional (slightly modified) bumper. After the best part of 3 years off roading the I hadn't bent a standard one except for where I stuck a hil-ift under one, so I'm quite happy with the origional for the time being.

Another vote for Southdown bumper.........

RR15.JPG

frontprofile.JPG

Nice and snug and with a bit of modification you can have some excellent recovery points!! I hung a full length Range Rover off of this and it didn't even flinch!!

I've heard good things about Dave at Southdown. If you don't ask, you will never know......

The picture was taken after a day of altering the oil cooler position and fitting the bumper and winch, so I hadn't got round to it. They came off shortly after!

The RR has gone now, unfortunately, but I had to make a bid for almost affordable playing!!! Got a 200 TDi 90 now, so am able to play a lot more often.......if it's not broken!!! I do miss the V8 auto, though!!

• 2 months later...

ARB produced a neat front and rear bumper and you could retain the spoiler! I'll try and dig out some pictures.

I know they were available in the USA where Pacific Rovers were the importers, but I think it would be rather expensive to ship them from there or Oz!

Does anyone know if there is anything similar available over here?

i would say for the money you want to pay its got to be second hand or from guardian i have one of the tubular bumpers from guardian and am very pleased with it ,they are a good standard for the price , although it doesnt rap around the edge like the comp version but did envolve trimming the grill to fit. will try to post pics if i can take some.

Some of Mine.

This is a cheap Disco one from ebay. I'm very pleased with it. Wouldn't take too much to chop the little wings off if you didn't want them. Sorry for the darkness of the pics, just got them before we lost the light. You have to chop off some of the rangie wing. I had to move the side repeaters because of the arches.

post-6579-1225041150_thumb.jpgpost-6579-1225041198_thumb.jpgpost-6579-1225041259_thumb.jpg