Disco 1 headlight conversion

Tear it up

Hi everyone. I am a new user to this site so be gentle with me lol. Just recently bought a P reg 300 Arden discovery. Am planning to do a headlight conversion that I have seen on ebay for 2004 headlights and bumper. Have bought the cd and is on it's way in the post. Hopefully should be through in the next couple of days. Was wondering if anyone had converted theirs and if it is as easy as it looked in the advert. What does Arden mean on my disco? Is it just a body type?

You do know that 'face lift' D2 headlamps don't fit directly to a D1. They don't even fit directly to a pre-face lift D2 with a bit of metal work.

Yes there was a special edition disco that LR called Arden, it's also a colour Arden Green

You do know that 'face lift' D2 headlamps don't fit directly to a D1. They don't even fit directly to a pre-face lift D2 with a bit of metal work.

Yes there was a special edition disco that LR called Arden, it's also a colour Arden Green

Do you know if you can change the whole front end then, including wings? :unsure:

• 15 years later...

I did it to mine. But I didn't know they had a kit for it. I just bought the lights on eBay and did a bunch of metal shopping and shaping to get it to fit. It works. It looks good but it was definitely some hacking and cutting and just making it fit. What I do it again? I did it twice already. But probably not a third time

Screenshot_20231226-080641.png

IMG_20231017_201738.jpg

Edited by western301
To upload photos

On 12/26/2023 at 8:39 PM, Shep The Disco said:

I personally prefer my glass headlights .

The original disco 1 lights are much better for keeping clean and don't get broken as easily.

And with a relay feed rather than a switch fee, they are more than bright enough

Not that anyone asked, but I prefer the early TD5 lights to the original Disco ones.  Wouldn't bother going to later types as I've received quite a few bumps up front on the indicators usually 🙂

20231228_135521283_iOS.thumb.jpg.17c51dd0d6ff5ef1d57981ca85642e59.jpg20231228_132751801_iOS.thumb.jpg.b2d5d2c0af7f27fad2e8ac200253528f.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1