Rear indicators not working - fronts fashing double speed

Hi all,

A 98 Defender I went to look at today had one fault that apparently occured between it being put away a couple of weeks ago and me looking at it today - although it was jump started, so I wonder if that could be the cause...

In short, both rear indicators have stopped working, but the fronts work fine, flashing at double speed. Seems unlikely to me that both rear bulbs would have gone at the same time.

Ideas? Simple (and cheap) to fix would you expect?

Cheers, Clive

Hi all,

A 98 Defender I went to look at today had one fault that apparently occured between it being put away a couple of weeks ago and me looking at it today - although it was jump started, so I wonder if that could be the cause...

In short, both rear indicators have stopped working, but the fronts work fine, flashing at double speed. Seems unlikely to me that both rear bulbs would have gone at the same time.

Ideas? Simple (and cheap) to fix would you expect?

Cheers, Clive

Hi and welcome to the forum,i will say just one thing and that is NEVER assume things with a landrover they could well have both gone but its probably a connection behind the drivers side rear light

Plenty of garages said that a starter and a battery would never go at the same time but believe me they did on a cold winters morning in the middle of nowhere but if thats the only fault get £50 knocked off and go for it

hope this helps Warren

just realised thats two things

Hi

I would not worry about it if it is the only fault. Probbaly a bad earth as said above. Water could have got in if it has been parked up causing corroision. It may be that both bulbs have gone often i have found that the contacts get dirty on the bulbs and just need cleaning to make them work again. The bulb and lense unit are only about £5 each so not alot if they need replacing. The earth for the rear indecators on my 90 is under the gaurds in the cornes behind the lights inside the rear tub. If there is a trailer light plug fitted you could always try that to see if the indecators on the back work and stick a trailer board on to drive the truck home.

Andy