Dilemma! which mud terrains & what size?

reggie

What offset were the Paddocks ones though?

The offest of a wheel will considerable effect on how much the wheel sticks out and just because two wheels are 10x15 doesn't mean the offset will be the same.

Not sure to be honest, I just assumed that all 10x15 modulars for Land Rover fitment ( RRC, discovery 1 & Defender ) would be the same offset.

I know that's a standard set of Land Rover alloys are a different offset to the modulars as when I had a set of LSE alloys fitted, I had no steering lock with 235/85/16. I then fitted the 7x16 modulars I have now & it solved the problem.

The chap at Paddocks said if I fitted the 8x15 with the 33.12.5x15 tyre I would lose my lock so to go for the 10x15 but I will need some arches fitted also as they would stick out about 2".

Yeah, but they look goooooood :)

Was toying with the idea of a new set, and the Kumho's were on the radar (along with the Insa Sahara's). Giving up the Grizzly Claws for them, so would hope they might be better. Anyone any opinion on that ?

:)

If the Insa Sahara's are anything like the Macho's I already have (same tread pattern) then they are very good offroad & on road with no complaints at all, apart from the fact that they don't go bigger. That's the reason I went for the Kumhos because of the fact that they do a 33" & a great price too. I got a set of 10x15 modulars & 33.12.5x15 Kumhos for £495......... :D & have also heard nothing but good stuff about them. If they are as good as the Macho's off road I'll be very happy because they will look a lot better as well with them being a 15" on a 10x15 rim.

Khumo KL71 are better than BFG Muds off road, but are not as good as Macho’s. We have two vehicles here, one of which is fitted with Macho’s, so direct comparisons are possible. The macho is quite an under rated tyre, however, the on road wear rate is horrendous when compared to KL71’s or BFG muds.

The KL71’s respond very well to airing down, but don’t go below 18 psi……….. ;)

I use the KL71’s for road use and mild off road use …………… for the more difficult stuff I use 35 x 13.50 mudzilla’s……… and yeah, they stick out a little :rolleyes: