rear bench seats

i have some rear bench seats for a 90, that i'd like to fit to mine. I have nothing but both frames and the padding. My question is what do i need to fit this kit?

I was just thinking drill the tub and bolt them in, but I have no seatbelts for them, should there be a spreader plate maybe? :unsure:

help!

Yes if you are fitting seatbelts there is a lot of metalwork under the vehicle (on the factory belts anyway, not sure about aftermarket ones) which the belts bolt through to and which (I think) bolts to the chassis. If you buy all the stuff from Land Rover it costs £500+!

The seats just bolt through the floor.

and which (I think) bolts to the chassis.

The seats just bolt through the floor.

BogMonster is partially right, mostly concerning the bolting to the chassis part. There are spreader plates for the seatbelts to mount to. As for the seats. the backs are fixed to the tub rail, the edge of the tub as well...

Rusty they just hook into one of the holes in the back rail ,offer the seats up and it will be obvious which holes to use.

As for the spreader plates i just use some very large washers i got from toolstation they are about 50 mil square and about 3 mil thick i just put them both sides of the of the bodywork ie one inside and one underneath and they seem plenty strong enough

hope this helps

Warren

what do you mean hook in? the brackets are not vertical, but the tub sides are.

on my benches i have two brackets attatched to the uprights on the top half of the bench these stand up and a bit out and hook into the holes in the capping

does that make sense :(