A choice.

TJN

So I went to change my front wheel bearing this afternoon and found that the front driver swivel is quite badly pitted when I put it on full lock, which explains the slight oil leak from the swivel.

So as I now have to change the swivel and wheel bearings am I right in thinking that changing the CV joint at the same time is a good idea? I reckon it is as I have it all apart and sods law says if I dont change it I will need to in two months when I am in the Sahara.

Thoughts?

Also which swivel the chrome style one or the teflon coated black ones?

Tj

So I went to change my front wheel bearing this afternoon and found that the front driver swivel is quite badly pitted when I put it on full lock, which explains the slight oil leak from the swivel.

So as I now have to change the swivel and wheel bearings am I right in thinking that changing the CV joint at the same time is a good idea? I reckon it is as I have it all apart and sods law says if I dont change it I will need to in two months when I am in the Sahara.

Thoughts?

Also which swivel the chrome style one or the teflon coated black ones?

Tj

I would only change the cv joint if it needs changing (joint or splines worn) ! - but make sure you check the oil seal landing on the stub axle - I just did mine and one of them was way beyond useability. I am not sure you can still get the chrome swivels - I thought the teflon ones had replaced them - I am sure somebody who knows authoritaively will correct me if im wrong.