On-board air....

6cyltdi

I'm looking for any recommendation's as to what air con compressor would be best to use for on-board air.... Something from any make/model of car or small truck compressor unit....?

Will be getting fitted onto a Daihatsu 2.8td engine... Looking for any advice or experience with different makes and models and best performance.....

Thanks, Dan

Guest diesel_jim

For big output, a york 210 is good, but they're "square" shaped, and can be a pain to fit (although you can lie them on their sides OK)

a sanden rotary is easier to fit (looks like an aircon compressor), but has less output.

or just use a daihatsu aircon compressor and keep it greased, or have a pre oiler and post-oil-remover

The ultimate if you have the room is an aircon compressor, make sure your bull bar is airtight and add a couple of fittings and use it as a reservoir. Ive seen one pump up a 16" LT tire in about 20 seconds from flat

Am happy with the sanden one, been on for a few years now. It'll flow more air at 100 psi than can go through a tyre valve. 5 litre tank to stop it cycling too often for the arbs

Need more air? then use the throttle! :lol:

May be easier to hunt out one including bracketery, pulleys, etc that was originally fitted to the engine.

Yeah, i'm trying to fathom out how to glue one to my Td5

same here!. not yet got the pump to fit because I am still trying to work out where it will go! I think I could fit it where the ACE pump would go (mines a Disco) but the fact I need the car as a dailly driver is stopping me taking the plunge and going for it. There seems to be a lot of things that would need rerouting and moving to make it fit.

Up to now I havent seen or heard of any OBA onto TD5