Wiring questions - petrol to diesel conversion

yellowmitch

Hi all,

I have a 1996 Disco 300 series V8 Manual ES model and I am converting it to 300Tdi Power.

I have the engine mounts changed, the gearbox changed, the slave cylinder changed, the petrol engine loom disconnected and removed, the propshafts changed, the suspension changed and the exhaust changed.

All I need to do now is change over the tank sender unit and change over the engine wiring loom.

Heres where the problems and the questions begin.

The old V8 multiplugs (white one and brown one) have more wires than the 300Tdi ones. The white plug has 18 wires in it versus 9 in the diesel and I think the brown one has 2 more wires in it.

I need a diagram which shows me all the wires going in to these plugs so as I can take the bare plug off the v8 loom and prong the Tdi wires in to the appropriate place.

My car has aircon and I made sure that the loom I got was from an aircon car with the extra yellow relay etc.

The only thing my new loom does not have that my old one did is the immobiliser section, but who needs that!

No-one wants to steal a 12 year old disco!

Help would REALLY be appreciated.

Alan - yellowmitch@gmail.com