Back from Wales GOT A PROBLEM HELP

HELP NEEDED I THINK

Hi every one back from our two weeks in wet wet Wales then very hot and sunney Wales. The trip tolk 8 hours fully loaded up with dogs kids and the kitchen sink. We arrived about 2PM and was greted by a 1 in 5 up to the farm where we were staying half way up the bloody mountain in 1st gear back loaded up to hell roof rack over flowing and a sanky trailer with extra high sides on it all over flowing as well GUESS WHAT. Yes you got it a single track only as wide as the lady and some one came down hill the other way in a car OH F*** it.

We both came to a stop and there was a five min face off nope she wasnt backing up (even tho she had a passing place few yards behind her). Me in my wisdom decided to try and back up down a 1 in 5 fully loaded up with a sanky on HAY all was going well then BANG bugger had been watching the trailer and not noticed a big bit of slate poking out the wall £120 fairly new BF tyere down the drain. Even better no jack and my new Hi LIFT extream hadnt arrived before we left BUGGER again.

Lucky for me there was a EX Landy man behind me who just nipped over to the oppersite mountain and returned with jack and braker bar WHAT A GENT. He even refused the £30 I offerd him tottal STAR. So anyway up the mountain we go stepper and tighter bends with sheer drop offs over the side (GULP) Anyway tackled a few then stopped on a bit of a flat to calm my nerves (remember we are from Norfolk flat ish) and oh brilliant a big pool of fluid under my Landy finger in it yep dam power steering fluid a brand new pump only fitted 10 days with all new fluid DAM DAM DAM.

OK thats the bad bit got back and Paddocks have offer to replace the pump under garantee this is where the HELP bit comes in can anyone think what would have caused it to blow ??? As dont want to fit the new one for it to do it again any ideas help ????? greatfully recived.

Best part was 300 acres of Farm right up in the mountains we were stoping on no one else stopping there just us and free to play over all off it in the Landy the Farm even had a jet wash to clean up with after the fun hows that for luck.

A few pics below

post-10229-1219073402_thumb.jpg

post-10229-1219073353_thumb.jpg

post-10229-1219073275_thumb.jpg

Hi mate! Bit of a calamity then! No one wants that on their hols.

Did you do any hard maneuvering when trekking up or down the mountains? Maybe the trailer jack-knifed and you had to wiggle to shift it?

Holding a landy at full lock for a while will build up the pressure in the system and burst the seals on the pump. If that's where the leak was coming from i'd guess that's what happened.

Glad you're getting it sorted.

Hi mate! Bit of a calamity then! No one wants that on their hols.

Did you do any hard maneuvering when trekking up or down the mountains? Maybe the trailer jack-knifed and you had to wiggle to shift it?

Holding a landy at full lock for a while will build up the pressure in the system and burst the seals on the pump. If that's where the leak was coming from i'd guess that's what happened.

Glad you're getting it sorted.

Hi there might be it did have to manover a fair bit if it is just anouther to add to the list of dam Land Rover faults We can put man on the moon but Land Rover cant build one where the

Doors dont leak

sun roof dont leak

doors dont rot

Power streing cant be used go round tight corners ( so whats the dam point of it)

Chassis dont rot

well the list goes on and on

Why do we love theese dam things ????

Glad the holiday was a good one. :) Next time you find some selfish type blocking your way, turn off the car and get the kettle out; they usually get the picture. :)

You got the steering pump from Paddocks eh? Was it a quality brand or was the maker not proud enough to put his name on the box? Not that I would suggest Paddocks would stock rubbish you understand... ;)

Chris