Part Number please

Kev Baldwin

Guest diesel_jim

Yer go....

clips.pdf

clip_part_numbers.pdf

I had these on my 90 (because like you, i like the look of them, and also because i had a huge allard intercooler and there was no room for the bonnet lock :rolleyes: ) but if you fit them (i had them fitted the way the MoD do, with the springy hook bit attached to the bonnet) you'll find that you get a neat circle of scratched paint after a while... when you open the bonnet and lift it up, the hooks wobble around, and eventually scratch the paint.

Cheers!

The spare lives on the bonnet of the 130 but the weight of the tyre prevents the regular bonnet catch from releasing. It's ok if there's two of you - one to 'pop' the cable release-the other to lift the bonnet, but if you're on your own, you have a problem. Dipping the oil has become a two man job!

FWIW, the correct bonnet stay for a bonnet mounted spare wheel should be the straight round tube type rather than the hinging flat bar type. But I guess you knew that didn't you Jamie!

Yer go....

clips.pdf

clip_part_numbers.pdf

I had these on my 90 (because like you, i like the look of them, and also because i had a huge allard intercooler and there was no room for the bonnet lock :rolleyes: ) but if you fit them (i had them fitted the way the MoD do, with the springy hook bit attached to the bonnet) you'll find that you get a neat circle of scratched paint after a while... when you open the bonnet and lift it up, the hooks wobble around, and eventually scratch the paint.

My spare lives, well one does, on the bonnet. I don't have any problem opening my bonnet by myself. The catches do stop the bonnet bouncing about with the spare wheel on.

The later type bonnet stay as fitted to the Wolf and now I believe to the Defender is better than the one that clips to the bonnet. I can lift the bonnet and lift the stay from the slam panel easily. I had difficulty releasing the stay from the bonnet.

mike

Guest diesel_jim

Kevin, there are 2 different springs available for the bonnets, one for "non" spare, the other for "spare fitted", and obviously enough, the one for the spare is much beefier than the non type (and without a spare on, means you really have to slam the bonnet to get it to lock). i fitted one to my project110, as i plan to have a bonnet spare (Sometimes)

the part n. for "bonnet spare" is either AGB710010 (was MUC4083) or ASR1229, depending on VIN age (ASR1229 is from vin (TA)983378 onwards)

I've got (a brand new) one of the later catches here - the lower bit that bolts into the slam panel (got it off of ebay, advertised as a wolf item, but it's the same as the later defenders) if its any good to ya.

Guest diesel_jim
You have answered to me why I ghave no trouble getting the bonnet to release. Thanks Jim

My bonnet came with the spare wheel mounting fitted. The spring must have been changed at the same time.

mike

Yeah, when i pull the bonnet-pull, it doesn't half "pop" up with some force! LOL!