Jag 4.2 in a Disco

brizRS

Has it been done ? is it possible?

I have a 300Tdi Disco .. but I miss my V8 ...

Today a good mate of mine has been telling me his XJR is knackard (Gearbox) and it's not economical to repair, as the supercharged V8 Engine is sound I was just thinking could I stick it in my Disco ? :wacko:

Any views / Opinions ? Has any attemted or done such a job before ? - I enjoy an engineering challenge !!!

Isn't the D3 V8 based on the jag V8 engine? If so, it's already been done by LR!

seriously though, I agree with Fridge, anything is possible. Just get the tape measure and grinder out and get in there...

And take pictures :)

• 1 year later...

been done that is the zulu spec motor from je also know a guy with a classic and he fitted the engine in major cutting to the baulk head repositioning the steering box and new steering bars major upgrade of the brakes if it is a manual no good engine too powerfull for it auto needs to be new or reconed also an adptor plate made can be done plenty of work not for the faint harted

Sorry for BTT'ing the thread, but yes, it's been done. ;)

Check out next Months TOR for the full spec.

Petes Disco makes an easy 500bhp on the engine dyno making it very nice to drive. It definately needs the 350x32mm AP 6 pot brake we fitted! ;)

Enjoy the Vid. :)

Paul. :)

thats a mint disco in the vid :):)

rob

Sounds lovely.... I guess there isn't much of an exhaust system on that...?

Took me a good few minutes to read the following however, so I offer a translation:

Been done, that is the zulu spec motor from JE.

Also know a guy with a classic and he fitted the engine in, major cutting to the bulkhead, repositioning the steering box and new steering bars, major upgrade of the brakes

If it is a manual, then no good the engine is too powerful for it, auto needs to be new or reconned also an adapter plate made -can be done, plenty of work and not for the faint hearted.

I really hate the noise of a supercharger :(

Turbocharger spool actually sounds nice, but a supercharger just does nothing for me.

On a slightly related note, my Audi V8 motor sitting almost between the rails of a D90 chassis:

http://www.lr90.org/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=166&g2_serialNumber=2

Couldnt get it any lower due to the OE engine mounts on the chassis and the PAS pump on the engine. They've now gone, but i've not tried it since due to time constraints and the shonkeyness of the engine crane, but measurements say it should go. I need to get the chassis moved down here and get the adaptor knocked up to get things moving!

Hopefully be able to get a push on with it in the new year!

Sounds lovely.... I guess there isn't much of an exhaust system on that...?

The exhaust system is nice and mellow and not as loud as you would think. Most of the noise is from the supercharger due to it running a K+N filter rather than the standard acoustic chambered inlet pipe and airbox.

I spent most of the day in it today whilst green laning in North Wales with Pete. That supercharger whine is addictive, possibly not as nice as the sound of a big turbo spooling, but makes your hair stand on end when the loud pedal hits the bulkhead. :)

Paul.