shock absorbers

ordered a pair of armstrong shocks yesterday - but britpart turned up - but thankfully the supplier agreed to come and collect them and take them back - whcih I thought was good.

Anyways, this then made me think is there any other brands I should think of fitting for a standard height 90. Armstrong is the default 'cause they have been around for a while - but just wondered what others experiences were or thoughts?

ordered a pair of armstrong shocks yesterday - but britpart turned up - but thankfully the supplier agreed to come and collect them and take them back - whcih I thought was good.

Anyways, this then made me think is there any other brands I should think of fitting for a standard height 90. Armstrong is the default 'cause they have been around for a while - but just wondered what others experiences were or thoughts?

I've always thought that De Carbons work really well on road. They were standard on the V8 50th and I've had them on the hybrid and latest TD5 90 and all performed well on road and off.

Quite a bit more expensive than armstrong though at under 40 a shock.

Cheers

Steve

The question is whether you want to stick with oil-filled or change to gas?

If sticking with oil then you can't do better than Armstrong in my opinion as like you say, they have been around for years and are OE.

If going for gas then my personal preference is De Carbon, I have been using them for a several years and really like them however I am sure that you will get lots of relies from people recomending their own personel preference which usually depends on their own experience.

Gas will stiffen up the ride slightly and prevent some body-roll on corners, not like a set of anti-roll bars or the ACE system on a Disco2 but it will be noticable.

The question is whether you want to stick with oil-filled or change to gas?

If sticking with oil then you can't do better than Armstrong in my opinion as like you say, they have been around for years and are OE.

If going for gas then my personal preference is De Carbon, I have been using them for a several years and really like them however I am sure that you will get lots of relies from people recomending their own personel preference which usually depends on their own experience.

Gas will stiffen up the ride slightly and prevent some body-roll on corners, not like a set of anti-roll bars or the ACE system on a Disco2 but it will be noticable.

I think I want to avoid a harder ride - (get that during the day in the nazi go-kart!) so I guess I will stick with the armstrong oils

good feedback - thanks !