Driving days 16 Nov and 14 Dec

JST

I may have asked this in the past (apologies if so.... :blink: ) but is there any scope for pedestrian viewing? (I can carry a camera and offer verbal abuse)

I might have the 110 up and running by then, so a bimble down to Zummerzet would be a good run out for it.

Jamie.

Get your Ar*e out into the garage and get the bloomin thing built. At the moment you're taking longer than Will Warne :P . I'm in for the Jan event. Well worth the effort of driving down from Wiltshire. Good lanes, good company and a great laugh. Something not seen a lot nowadays with the CC. You could even bring the other 1/2

Is that the drop in, turn sharp right and then up the little slope. Or the long ride down over the hill across the little stream and then the damp dusty* bit up to the road? :ph34r::ph34r:

* If it's to damp there may be some surface mud :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Scaff - no longer interested i take it then.

14 Dec currently stands with some spare places and looks like

1. TJ101

2. Jeroen

3. Gary Sharpe

4. Grenville Maddox

5. Ben Proctor

1. JST

2. Chris Johnson

3. Johnny

4. Tony

5. Dan Fitton

So two places left if anyone wants a day out.

Dan Fitton confirmed

so 110s?

I have run out of fingers to count. :(

No, I did not pick it up. Partly because I know the law, partly as I am to squeamish but mostly because of the two lanes of traffic at 70-80mph. :) I suspect that the pheasant would not have been a pretty sight - I think that the driver of the Golf in lane 2 might have seen more of that than me. :)

Tim ( TJ101),

Is your offer of letting a couple of us join you as 'gate openers' still ok?

All Dec 14th participants,

Anyone driving down Saturday and staying B&B overnight?

Nigel

Hi Nige

Sorry mate,, :(

Now leading one group, and Victor has stepped in to do navigation duties

But there are a couple of spaces free as far as i know ! with all bits being optional ,,

be good to see you again :rolleyes:

Hi Nige

Sorry mate,, :(

Now leading one group, and Victor has stepped in to do navigation duties

But there are a couple of spaces free as far as i know ! with all bits being optional ,,

be good to see you again :rolleyes:

Tim,

No problem. I leave it a few days and see if anyone else joins the event and needs a couple on gate openers.

Nigel

• 2 weeks later...

Hi James, I'd just like to check, the towing eye's on the front of my motor are very low under the front bumper is this an issue and do you have any suggestions ? also for rear recovery is the tow bar suitable ? I'm getting new front boots Thurs ( all being well ) and looking forward to a good day out although the missus is starting to panic :)

quite a few run with rear tow bars, i assume its bolted on not welded and there is a spreader plate if its to a bumper etc or is it a commercially fitted one for 3.5T towing?

front eyes i assume are the factory ones, on the chassis welded on? got any pictures?

quite a few run with rear tow bars, i assume its bolted on not welded and there is a spreader plate if its to a bumper etc or is it a commercially fitted one for 3.5T towing?

front eyes i assume are the factory ones, on the chassis welded on? got any pictures?

Hope these help

PC101461.jpg

PC101462.jpg

PC101463.jpg

front - you will need rated shackles to attach a bridle rope to the eyes and i would suggest pre-attaching the rope unless you are keen to roll around in the mud.

for the rear i strongly recommend taking the drop plate out and fitting a JAW with pin or combination ball/jaw so a rope can be attached rather than just looped over the top.

Just ensure you have the equipment you need to attach to a winch rope to your vehicle - ie strops, ropes, rated shackles.

Shouldnt be a problem - just dont over commit on the day!

front - you will need rated shackles to attach a bridle rope to the eyes and i would suggest pre-attaching the rope unless you are keen to roll around in the mud.

for the rear i strongly recommend taking the drop plate out and fitting a JAW with pin or combination ball/jaw so a rope can be attached rather than just looped over the top.

Just ensure you have the equipment you need to attach to a winch rope to your vehicle - ie strops, ropes, rated shackles.

Shouldnt be a problem - just dont over commit on the day!

Okay looks like I should have done some prep sooner just been realy busy,

can you point me in the right direction to get the front sorted as it seems that's the first priority :)

Cheers