lighting fault

dicsosfa

hello to all :D

just had my mot (passed) and have found out that my rear cluster tail lights do not come on but brake lights and the fog lights work and the bumper tail lights are fine, indicators fine. i have changed stop/tail light bulbs still do not work.

does any one know why or how to fix them as the garage will not give me my mot cert until i prove they are working ( got 48 hours left on old mot as he has not logged it in the data base yet ) also do not know if it is connected but trailer light on dash does not light up or sound when towing. all help is very very very welcome . Roy :(

hello to all :D

just had my mot (passed) and have found out that my rear cluster tail lights do not come on but brake lights and the fog lights work and the bumper tail lights are fine, indicators fine. i have changed stop/tail light bulbs still do not work.

does any one know why or how to fix them as the garage will not give me my mot cert until i prove they are working ( got 48 hours left on old mot as he has not logged it in the data base yet ) also do not know if it is connected but trailer light on dash does not light up or sound when towing. all help is very very very welcome . Roy :(

there are a few things you can try first the most simple spray whole thing with wd 40 somtimes this does work

secondly look at the earth

then make sure you have a live to the lamp holder if there is no live run a temp one from the other side to get cert then when in you hand have a proper look

failing that a tap with landrover special tool no one may be needed

thanks for the reply old leafer ,sorry should have said both sides are not working but the brake lights do on the same bulb both sides does that mean the live is not getting to the cluster tail lights and do they all share the same earth connection and whats the colour for the tail lights feed please so i can run a feed from the bumper tail lights Roy