Tyre pressures

Boro

Could someone please advise on what pressures i should be running in the tyres for road use on a 1995 3 door 300 tdi manual, tyres are stock 205 16 and i tend to carry maybe up to 100kg in the back, cheers

Cold tyres , normal on and off road use

Front : 28lbs ( 1.9 bar )

Rear : 38 lbs ( 2.6 bar ).

Cold tyres , normal on and off road use

Front : 28lbs ( 1.9 bar )

Rear : 38 lbs ( 2.6 bar ).

:blink: 2.6 is too much. Normally I always had 1.8-2.0 on both fronmt and rear. I have carried 600kg of weight at 2.2 (but that was not good). Now I have 2.4 on road for mud tires to last longer (0.8 - 1.0 in mud:) ). But that's too much for normal tyres. Just do 1.8 - 2.0 bars. 100kg of weight? Forget about it, you will not feel it, my LPG tank in the back weights more!

Those figures are from the Land Rover Workshop manual and I found in the past that running the rears

at less than the recommended pressures soon resulted in signs of underinflation - the outsides of the tyre wearing faster than the centre section .

I now have a D2 and the same thing has happened - a slow puncture resulted in one of the rear tyres running a bit low ( 30/32 psi or so) and the tyre soon showed the effects . The rears are supposed to be 38 psi .