Compressor Install in my Discovery

Mark

For those thinking of doing the same as Mark,

you can get the pipework and push fit connectors form here www.robotstoreuk.co.uk

The PCl connectors are always on ebay

The pressure switch can be got from www.vision-supplies.com however it is an eye watering £62.50 plus Vat

I think I will be using a cheaper pressure release valve and switch set up, so I switch it on and the release valve stops the pipework going bang before I get the valve to the tyres/ air bed.

A cheaper pressure switch is available here....

http://www.mattsavage.com/acatalog/copy_of...r_Fittings.html

Nice source for the push in connectors and fittings, hadn't thought of robotics stores.

A cheaper pressure switch is available here....

http://www.mattsavage.com/acatalog/copy_of...r_Fittings.html

Nice source for the push in connectors and fittings, hadn't thought of robotics stores.

Thanks for that, that should save a fair bit.

I originally used that website for breather hoses for the 90. A whole kit for both axles, gear and transfer box cost me £15!

do you have any pictures of your snorkle install?

Not yet - but that's because I havn't done it yet... I will be using the bits off my 200 TDI disco, so essentially it is just a case of joining the gaps. I will do some pictures when I do it tho.

In the meantime, this is what it used to look like:

gallery_92_353_117797.jpg

It is actually a chunk of 2.5" od stainless tube that I found in the scrapyard, that was already vaguely bent in the right sort of shape. I cut and shut it to make it fit, and then bought the plastic bits as seconds from southdown's ebay shop...

It goes into the airbox via some bits of silicone hose, and another bit of 2.5" tube...

hth

Mark

• 10 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I've just completed a similar install. Very pleased with it, and the gubbins for the electric seats weren't in the way either.

I used a http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230483165135 as a pressure control switch. It's the thing that you get on a standard mains compressor, and seems to work ok. at £11 including postage it seemed like a good bet.

Kev

• 7 years later...