Aren't we lucky?

LR (bless their cotton socks) have just released a 110 SW with 300tdi engine, vinyl floor and seats, wolf wheels.

The engine is still legal here on new models as, not being in Europe, we don't worry about any of those nasty EU3s and 4s etc. There's lots of air here, so a bit more diesel smoke is neither here nor there (yet).

Price is R278k which is ~26.5k GBP

Guest diesel_jim

In this months LRO there is a story that they're stopping the Tdi totally for RoW production and all being Td5's as the "general" motor world is tightening up on emmissions.

sounds pants to me, i suspect that there will be lots of Td5 to 2.8Tdi conversions going on soon!

Jim,

I hope it is Bx! I saw the article too....

Can't see them "stopping production" completely as they are still going to need the engine made for the Wolf, plus any replacement engines sold as parts, and for vehicles sold in other markets too (the African markets, us, I guess there are others).

Not sure how many 300 Defenders get built now, can't be that many, I suppose there will come a time when it will be dropped from Defenders but hopefully not before the end of the current model Defender, whenever that is supposed to be (2008?)

I saw something recently on converting a P38 RR to 2.8TGV, an interesting conversion :)

Guest diesel_jim
Jim,

I hope it is Bx! I saw the article too....

Can't see them "stopping production" completely as they are still going to need the engine made for the Wolf, plus any replacement engines sold as parts, and for vehicles sold in other markets too (the African markets, us, I guess there are others).

Don't think they make the wolf anymore. i've heard that the moD are trialling Td5 wolf's with suppressed electrics on the engine.

I saw something recently on converting a P38 RR to 2.8TGV, an interesting conversion :)

there was one at Bling i think (or was it a Td5 defender converted?) on the M&D stand.

Don't think they make the wolf anymore. i've heard that the moD are trialling Td5 wolf's with suppressed electrics on the engine.

there was one at Bling i think (or was it a Td5 defender converted?) on the M&D stand.

the electronic "quieting" was achieved here several years ago by the then Land Rover Australia (just before the Ford takeover) when the ADF was looking at re-powering the Isuzu powered Perentie with TD5's.

It entails a new harness, and cost less than A$100,000 in development. A mate who I used to work with in motor racing with was in charge of the project, and flew to the UK for briefings and presentations as Solihull didn't believe it was possible after spending over three times as much and not being able to achieve it.