CB

draper40

Before I go ahead and purchase, I thought I'd check with you guys.

I'm looking for a relativly simple, robust cheap CB and I know you all rate the midland units and so I have found the Midland 98, is this a suitable unit?

Thanks

Pete

I have a Midland Alan 42 , the small hand held which hooks on the dash & can be quickly removed & hid for visits to those places that are not keen on you having one in your vehicle , works purrfect .

The arial that came with it was one of those rigid things that dont like off-roading , but easy remedied .

Brand-new Midland units have, allegedly, deteriorated in quality since their halcion days and now suffer from many faults and returns.

On this advice (Dunk at Shortwave Radio 01202 490099), I bought an Imtek M790 Plus, but the basic M110 is just as good.

i had a Midland one, 12mths old and packed up, Just got one from SimonR, its been robust and reliable to date, try giving him a bell/PM at X-Eng

That's surprising. Had it 12mths, used twice and broken :P .

I have the same model as James had. Been in my truck for close on 3 yrs now. All fine and dandy. Would reccomend to all

Guest otchie1

Try the off road CB experts, 4x4cb - they're in Dorking if you're local.

They do package deals including aerials and have sale on at the mo.

They don't rate the Team rigs as tough enough for prolonged off road use but rave about Imtek & TTi.

I have a tti tcb-770 ands its a tidy little unit, i got it free off a mate as it didnt work(had been submerged in carp) but after abit of cleaning it has come up Rosy.

I bought the DIN mount kit and extension speaker from 4x4cb and they seem extremely helpful.

06082008556.jpg

Please excuse the hole and the hideous gappage/bodged up filler piece around the radio the dash came out of another vehicle (not mine!) and i think it had be customised by a blind retarded monkey as it was being dragged through a mangle with a blunt butterknife :rolleyes:

Will.