series 3 choke cable

loiner1965

got a new cable for my 109 series 3 and its wrong :angry: ...on removing dash etc mines is situated on the ignition block but i cannot find another one like it anywhere...may i add i am in the motortrade and have been for over 30 years but spanners are a new tool to me as i am a paint refinisher :D

got a new cable for my 109 series 3 and its wrong :angry: ...on removing dash etc mines is situated on the ignition block but i cannot find another one like it anywhere...may i add i am in the motortrade and have been for over 30 years but spanners are a new tool to me as i am a paint refinisher :D

I think I have the same issue. My 1984/5 SIII 109 is part defender bits and part series bits. I have the steering column lock and the Choke cable goes into a cast housing that seems to be part of the ignition block like yours.

I dont know how to post pics but if you send me an email at jdfras@hotmail.com I'll send you a pic. I am in the process of replacing the contact part on the rear, and possibly the actual tumbler as well (hopefully not as I dont want to deal with those shear bolts).

The idea of finding a complete replacement would be great...let me know if you find one.

Cheers,

Dave

many thanks les as i looked everywhere on the net for a picture of the cable but to no avail....the cable i bought is for the series 3 but obviously dash mounted