Diesel Injectors

Rhodie

Hi All,

Had the injectors & pump checked out on my motor of which the prognosis for the injectors were that the nozzles were warn. The bosch agents informed me that these nozzles are the non-serviceable type and i would have to get new ones.

Question - i have purchased new ones, type ETC8412, and was wondering as to whether it is a matter of just installing them or would it need to be done by the agents? i.e. checking spray pattern etc.

Cheers

Rhodie

AFAIK all the Tdi injectors are just fit and bleed, as you say they are not serviceable. Doesn't hurt to check the spray pattern if you have the kit (ie make sure it is a spray not a spurt!) but if you don't, I wouldn't worry about it.

AFAIK all the Tdi injectors are just fit and bleed, as you say they are not serviceable. Doesn't hurt to check the spray pattern if you have the kit (ie make sure it is a spray not a spurt!) but if you don't, I wouldn't worry about it.

Thanks for that BogMonster. :rolleyes:

Cheers

Rhodie

They actually ARE serviceable, but they don't want to tell you that. The spring pressures can be adjusted back to as new with shims, and the tips can be changed. However, not all Bosch dealers are honest enough to admit they don't have the equipment or the knowledge or the inclination to do it.