dixon bate adjustable tow info please

loiner1965

just got from a car boot a dixon tow bar for my series 3 109 but i am not sure if its the right one etc.....the seller did not know either but for a fiver its worth a try....cannot try it on my landy as its locked up at work till next week..

it looks like it will fit as the holes look like they are in the right place and i checked on their website but they are no images...they is no holes for any stays like on the defender is this right or anyone gt any pics etc

As I recall (shed is locked co can't check) there are 6 bolts that attaches the main plate to the cross member, 4 big

and 2 narrow (might only be 2 big).

There is also a strip of heavy angle section steel (angle iron) which attaches to the three tapped holes in the bottom/underside of the cross member and bolts to the two heavy tabs on the plate.

If you didn't get the angle iron then don't worry, it is just standard stuff - nothing clever.

G.

As I recall (shed is locked co can't check) there are 6 bolts that attaches the main plate to the cross member, 4 big

and 2 narrow (might only be 2 big).

There is also a strip of heavy angle section steel (angle iron) which attaches to the three tapped holes in the bottom/underside of the cross member and bolts to the two heavy tabs on the plate.

If you didn't get the angle iron then don't worry, it is just standard stuff - nothing clever.

G.

right.......you described it perfectly....i looked on paddocks website and its they , also got the 3.5 ton combination tow ball as well which retails for 45 sheets too.....unfotunately no bracket but i work next door to a big steel spplier so no worries there...thak you for all your hel

Ok, Just checked mine: I got the information upsidedown.

The tabs on the main plate use long narrow bolts and attach each side of the rear tub mounting plate at the top of the crossmember.

Two large long bolts connect the plate to the bottom of the cross member.

Two large short bolts connect the plate to the angle iron, which is attached to the underside of the crossmember using three bolts that screw into the pretapped holes in the crossmember.

9 bolts in total, 2 long narrow, 2 long big, 2 short big and 3 small.

G.

Off the top of my head you'll want 3 3/8UNF for the angle-xmember, 2 M16 x 30ish for the drop plate-angle, M10 x 100ish for the drop plate-xmember and M16 x 100ish for the others...

Mike

Sounds about right - I presume they should be 8.8 tenstile strength metric and heat treated imperial.

g

Sounds about right - I presume they should be 8.8 tenstile strength metric and heat treated imperial.

g

cheers mate........was thinking should i use a back plate behind xmember but it look quite caperble of pulling anything......thank you again for your help :)

cheers mate........was thinking should i use a back plate behind xmember but it look quite caperble of pulling anything......thank you again for your help :)

Dixon-Bate do a backing plate - I'd advise using it as I have seen the two large (lower) bolts which go through the crossmember pull into the holes even with fairly substantial washers behind them...

just got from a car boot a dixon tow bar for my series 3 109 but i am not sure if its the right one etc.....the seller did not know either but for a fiver its worth a try....cannot try it on my landy as its locked up at work till next week..

it looks like it will fit as the holes look like they are in the right place and i checked on their website but they are no images...they is no holes for any stays like on the defender is this right or anyone gt any pics etc

will make a plate up as its best to be safe than sorryhttp://forums.lr4x4.com/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif