Lovells Vs OME

Having seen my friends 90 eat Pro-Comp and found both my rear shocks leaking after ~12 Months, aybe it's time to go up-market. What's the thoughts on Lovells compared to OME?

AD90

I have OME LTR's on my 90, and for 18 months they were great. I then got an oil leak and snapped the top eye off the left rear one. this was warrantied by ARB in Australia (I had fitted them in the UK)

The repalcement one and the original 3 then took me up to the most northern point of Queensland, and back (7000km), and then it started leaking....( about 3 months old) It went back and was resealed, and stated leaking again after 25km (18 miles)

I went back again, and they are going to rebuild it again, but want me to fit check straps. I have agreed to do this as a test, but bearing in mind that between the last rebuild and now it had only done 25km and it hadnt been off road atall, I cant see that helping.

Cant decide if this post if for or against OME really. When they work they are great but when they dont, they aren't!

cheers

Peter

Thanks Guys,

I've heard little except good reports on the OME stuff, but I am running Lovells springs and am very hapy with them, just not happy with my Pro-Comp shocks. Hence looking for some advice before parting with a chunk of cash.

AD90