Speedometer Question

My speedo cable broke at the plastic piece that connects to the back of the gauge. As some of you know I have RHD to LHD converted 110. Any how, it's a one piece cable and I'm wondering if I should replace it with the RHD (PRC6022) or LHD (PRC6021). The gauge (and I assume the broken cable) is the same one from when it was RHD but now it's on the left, what is the diffrence between the two?

Just an example of crazy prices in the US; 7.5 and 8.5 GBP at Paddock, so about 15 to 20 USD, over here they want $70 something for one and $80 something for the other one.

Cheers

(By the way, I read a bit about using a Td5 speedo but I got lost in the random comments and technical jargon. If it's fairly simple and not too expensive I'd be willing to give it a go.)

Sending this one back to the top and combining with another quick question; no need for another topic.

The oil bath air filter comes so close to the bonnet that any hose, including a low profile one I retro fitted, rubs against the bonnet. I don't know how it's suppose to be set up. It is on the left and about a half inch above the steering linkage and box. So I can't lower the mounts any. There is room on the right side but I don't know about running a hose over and across the fan cowl, and it seems as though it would be just as high. Does anyone have a photo of a 2.5L N/A diesel for comparison? Also does anyone see a problem fitting a filter directly on the inlet manifold so I can remove the oil bath filter and see what can be done about the clearance? Maybe for a month or there abouts.

Engine1.jpg

My ex-MOD NA uses a regular paper filter, NRC9238. I bought one from my local LR dealer so it must have been a north american part at some point. Not sure what the housing P/N is, but you can see that unlike yours it just clears UNDER the rad top hose:

post-4308-1219876869_thumb.jpg

post-4308-1219876881_thumb.jpg

Regarding the speedo cable, I would guess the LHD and RHD are different lengths, to reflect the routing to different sides of the dash?

HTH

Thanks for the pics and info.

Our housings look identical, maybe my mounts are somehow higher to accommodate the steering box (wrong side drive) although the mounts don't look meddled with. It use to have the same intake hose as well, you can still see whats left of it, but the bonnet was wearing a hole in the 90 degree angle, so I had to cut the hose and fit a "low profile" 90 degree fitting, which still rubs but the rubber is very very hard, so it seems to be "ok." Would still like to get it right though. I fitted a filter not unlike the one in the photo, works good but it sounds like I'm driving with a jake brake, looking froward to getting this lot sorted. Where does your breather connect by the way? Mine goes into the intake before the filter. Could you take a measure from the frame to the bottom of the filter housing?

Cheers

Where does your breather connect by the way? Mine goes into the intake before the filter. Could you take a measure from the frame to the bottom of the filter housing?

My breather (off the crankcase filler cap) goes to an oil separator, then feeds back about half way along the intake runner:

post-4308-1219963949_thumb.jpg

Housing sits 6" from top of frame rail - the bowl clears the filler on the steering box by about an inch.

The breather hose seems to have been moved by the military, mine was exactly like yours. Which meant that the filter insert got saturated with oil in short time after it had been changed. I moved the hose to the blanked off nipple you'll find on the intake manifold. Works fine as long as the engine isn't completely worn out. ;) If there is too much oil from the hose, there is a risk of your engine stampeding and revving itself to death... :o

Hmm yes I forgot to mention that from the OP's pic it's hard to tell if he has an oil bath filter or just a filter that's taking a bath in oil :ph34r:

On mine the separator is *supposed* to collect the oil and drain it down to a port on the sump.

Thank you for the info. My measurements are the same, I guess it is somehow a couple inches taller....?! I think I'll just replace it with a K&N Apollo. I'll post some pics. Might also help if I ever install a snorkel.

I moved the hose to the blanked off nipple you'll find on the intake manifold. Works fine as long as the engine isn't completely worn out.

I do get a good bit of blow by, not sure it it's normal for a diesel though. I'll get someone to help and be ready to disconnect it if it runs away with it's self.

Cheers

On a side note, it does bathe in oil, I had to fit that odd bit you can see and the smallest size was 3", the bonnet holds it down when running but the oil that collects inside the hose trickles down onto the filter.