Winch Bumpers

Another vote for First Four here.

I don't like the tubular ones, but do like the fact they're mounted a bit higher. So I chose the standard version but adjusted the mounting to improve the approach angle.

normal_PICT0358.JPG

D44 is another option, but more expensive.

Another vote for First Four here.

I don't like the tubular ones, but do like the fact they're mounted a bit higher. So I chose the standard version but adjusted the mounting to improve the approach angle.

Thanks for that mate - another really nice, simple looking truck.

Have you any photos showing the departure angle? What have you done to modify the mounting?

Also, have you any details or pics of your snorkel? Looks like what I'm after...

Ross

Mine's a Gwyn Lewis unit, bought second hand on here:

14062007003.jpg

It's built like a brick sh... well, it's very strong. Surprisingly light too.

If I was buying new, I'd probably go for a First Four tubular one because they're low profile and subtle, although they seem weaker than the one I've got. Looking at the design I have now, I wouldn't go higher because the cable pull is in line with the bumper bolt heads - any higher and a strong pull would be trying to twist the bumper downwards. Something to bear in mind.

Thanks for that mate - another really nice, simple looking truck.

Have you any photos showing the departure angle? What have you done to modify the mounting?

Also, have you any details or pics of your snorkel? Looks like what I'm after...

Ross

THX for the compliment Ross.

But I must admit the truck looks a lot less simple these days. :ph34r: The pic above was was taken just after I got my big tyres, since then I changed the wheelarches, addes a full external roll cage and euh, a few dents.

normal_PICT0044~7.JPG

I haven't measured the departure angle, but i't pretty good. ;)

As for the modifications, I put the bottom mount on top of the chassis rails instead of underneath, and added some brackets (both under the bumper and inside) to insure everything is well connected.

Filip