off roading

jds

Hi all,

Does anyone know of anywhere i can go offroading as i have never had my p38 off road.

i am in london so something not too far would be best and also something not too difficult as it will be my first time.

cheers

john

Are Slindon or CORE such a great idea for a newcomer? I'm not sure I'd want to be in amongst the nutters in scrap SJ's with a P38 :unsure:

Best advice, after joining this forum of course ;) is to join a club near you that looks like they do the sort of stuff you fancy, and ask - explain you've not been off-road and that (presumably) you don't want to mangle your vehicle, and see what they have to offer.

I'm not sure I'd want to be in amongst the nutters in scrap SJ's with a P38 :unsure:

Certainly at Slindon the Pikeys in SJs are not likely to be using the same parts of the site as a new driver in a P38. I cannot speak for CORE.

Chris

Certainly at Slindon the Pikeys in SJs are not likely to be using the same parts of the site as a new driver in a P38. I cannot speak for CORE.

True enough, but I've seen the paths of pikeys and very shiny vehicles almost cross very badly before now at Slindon.

Southern Rover Owners Club is your most local but there more of a competitive club with trailing and comp safari which is grate fun to watch but not recommended for a novice in a P38.

Shires are have a Experience day on the south coast which is purely for people that are new to off roading so the all nutters will be on hand to help but not playing :lol:

It’s near Romsey which is a little drive from you but it will be perfect to see what goes on and get some free good advice on what’s what with driving and recovery.

Several of the forum guys will be there organising.

its in October if your interested I will post up some details

I went to Slindon in my p38 on the Friday to pick up doors for my defender and had to do part of the beginner route 2 to meet up with JST and even on road tyres she coped very well (and was soooo comfy compared to my defender).

If you stick to the main routes you will be fine at Slindon, you are more likely to get tree damage green laning. Even venturing into the back paths in my 90 I only took a few knocks ;)

I did think of sticking my mud tyres on it my p38 and giving her a good raging off-road but she is still in too much of a good condition, also the traction control is sooooooooooo irritating, sucking power away and beep beep beeping at you every 3 seconds.

lol at the pikey comments, there were some mad suzuki owners and one reaaally battered burgundy RR classic with flapping bonnet and boot :lol:

Here is a pick of beginner route 2 with my mate in his standard (bar BFG ATs) getting pulled out of a rutted bit, so a stock p38 may have issues depending on tyres

dsc01797wk2.jpg