Rear floor panels

rocky

Hi, anybody know what the panel that sits under the rear door is called, mine is looking a bit ropey, floor panel could do with replacing but don't know yet how far the rot has spread, fortunately it's mot'd till next june. Could do with a picture of the under door panel if anyone has one. Regards, Rocky

Hi, anybody know what the panel that sits under the rear door is called, mine is looking a bit ropey, floor panel could do with replacing but don't know yet how far the rot has spread, fortunately it's mot'd till next june. Could do with a picture of the under door panel if anyone has one. Regards, Rocky

Hi Rocky this is an article of when I did mine, hope it helps. If you need anymore info pm me.

http://forum.landrovernet.com/showthread.php?t=107999

Cheers

Dave

Hi There,

My disco is just as rusty there. I just painted it with Hammerite for now, but will look into a proper repair when time permits.

Until then, From "Microcat" there are 2 possible parts:-

The first is part 9 on the drwaing C01.215 called "Panel to floor Rear end " part number ALR 1773

The second is part 7 on the same page called "Crossing-Rear crossmember " part number MWC 7562 and it says "Sold as a kit". I assume this kit will have all the bits to fix it.

Part 7 looks to me to be the right one. But it's just a straight piece of steel with to lengthwise folds, and 2 screw holes. It also looks like a lot of work for not too much reward. I would be tempted to have a piece made up at the local sheet metal works.

If I can figure out how to get the drawing onto this page I will post it later.

Hi, its the rear body x member, if you do decide to remove it and replace be careful as to where you cut the original off. The replacement I got goes out and under the rear wings, I also had to box the ends in as they would have remained a dirt trap, this panel also forms part of the flange for the rear floor panel to sit on, look twice cut once, have fun .

Hi, Many thanks for all the help. I Spoke to a guy at Glenlivet that repairs landrovers this afternoon, says it's the rear x member and the panels are about £70.

Hopefully I'll be able to do it myself.

I put new rear discs on it last month to get it through the m.o.t., and changed the headgasket last week + skimming the head cost about £150, runs really well. I wouldn't like to scrap it just yet.

Once again thanks for the help. Rocky