Devil's Punchbowl

goaty

Hi everyone.

I have recently seen some vids of people laning the Devil's Punchbowl in Hindhead, Surrey.

Looks liks good fun so hoping someone on here has been and can give me osme directions of where abouts the lanes are, seen a few different ones by the looks of it.

Any info would be great, or company along the way.

cheers

goaty

There is some good lanes there, but be careful as some have been closed due to the hind head tunnel.

If you come down from Guildford way its the lanes on the right you want. The steps is the hardest lane at the bottom of the bowl.

Happy to pop over there with you avail. most weekends, evenings :D

Hi Goaty

Best to grab OS Explorer Map 133 Haslemere and Petersfield. It shows the BOATS (+++++) around there. Surrey CC also have an online map HERE

They also have a PDF of those open and TRO'd here so you keep yourself legal :rolleyes: : SURREY BOATS

I've also walked most of them in the last 3 weeks as part of back op recovery (surgeon's instruction :) )

Some are flat as a pancake and grit surfaced for push bikes/wheelchairs whilst others are more extreme. Can PM details...don't want to broadcast on here for obvious reasons.

Also got loads of pics.

Might be able to join you depending on when you go.....

HTH

Rob

Hi Goaty

I'll leap in and join up with you as well, only 30 minutes for me, its a long time since I've done the steps, remember the first time had to winch ourselves up them much to the amusement of a couple off bikers, was the first place I went back to after I'd fitted lockers.

Bill

hey guys,

thanks for all the info, i am hoping to go over there on Sunday as long as my challenge kit arrives 2mo so i can fit it on.

Got a few mates coming along tooso anyone that fancys it just let me know, always happy to meet new landy owners.

Do i get off at the Hindhead junction and go to the north side of it?? I am coming from Reigate so guildford side of things, probably coming past Gomshall etc.

thanks again

joe

i will have a word with the lads to see but it all depends upon my challenge kit arriving from David at Llama, it should of been here today. 90 still on axle stands till it gets here, hoping to do it 2mo eve. Wont take long.

What time you thinking?? 12noonish??

cheers

Hi guys what day and time are people thinking of meeting? As I am interested in coming over, i haven't been to the punch bowl for about 2years now. There are some other good lanes round there too.

Cheers

Jon

Just make sure you stay on the rights of way chaps! Dont be tempted to go playing in the "off piste" holes that have been created by the idiots that give us all a bad name!

Jon

With you on that Jon. Saw the off piste mess and the litter / glass was a sad site....w**kers the lot of 'em..f**king it up for the rest of us...rant over..... :angry:

Not wanting to butt into much or take over, but if there is enough people, then 2 groups would be much more advisible so there are not too many trucks in convoy, keep the greenies happy.

I am about either day, saturday is supposed to be sunny, thunderstorms due sometime sunday apparently. So either sounds fun.

I have maps of the area, and will hopefully be running memory map on the laptop.

I will check this after i get back from the pub tonight to see what the concenious of opinion is.

Cheers

Jon

What time are people thinking of meeting up? And on what day of the weekend? :lol:

I assume the car park is here....

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&sa...13815,-0.731364

Yep ,thats the one, national trust car park for the cafe, free parking I think.

What about 10 Sunday for one group and then the others can go at midday, personally I'm working Saturday so thats out for me.

I've done some of the lanes about there but its been a while.

Bill

Well guys good to hear more wana join.

We are going down Sunday and can meet anyone at 11 at the Cafe if you fancy it.

Hoping to pick up an OS map if i get the chance so we know where were going.

PM me if you wana come with number etc.

Cheers

Joe

Well guys good to hear more wana join.

We are going down Sunday and can meet anyone at 11 at the Cafe if you fancy it.

Hoping to pick up an OS map if i get the chance so we know where were going.

PM me if you wana come with number etc.

Cheers

Joe

Joe,

Have fun, won't be there on Sunday though. Hope the weather stays dryish for you <_<

The signage is very good round there so you shouldn't get too lost. Look for Byway red arrow signs in the tops of log posts or wooden finger posts.

Cheers

Rob