Gearbox output/TB box input gear interchangability

No - the gear has to match the trans box ratio. There are different teeth counts on the input gears.

Les.

Beg to differ, just compared the two and they are the same in both diameter and teeth count and they both mesh with each others boxes. :P

my 1.22 TB had a 26 tooth gear i got hold of a new gear when i went to put it in i found it wouldn't fit

it turned out to be28tooth

if your gear fitted from the 1.6 to the 1.22 then thay both have the same number of teeth on the gear

but if you've got one with too many teeth you will be saying good buy to your TB

my 1.22 TB had a 26 tooth gear i got hold of a new gear when i went to put it in i found it wouldn't fit

it turned out to be28tooth

if your gear fitted from the 1.6 to the 1.22 then thay both have the same number of teeth on the gear

but if you've got one with too many teeth you will be saying good buy to your TB

Checked again and they both have 26 teeth and are the same diameter and overall size. They are both early boxes so maybe the gears were altered on later boxes and the ratio driven from another gear cluster.

Tell next week when I try and drive it :unsure:

Checked again and they both have 26 teeth and are the same diameter and overall size. They are both early boxes so maybe the gears were altered on later boxes and the ratio driven from another gear cluster.

Tell next week when I try and drive it :unsure:

i've just put a new 26tooth gear in my new transfer box haven't got it fitted yet got an RTVnext weekend then i've got the RTV mendip chalenge but must get it fitted after that.

Good luck with your TB